• Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Manpower details

Hi,

Pl. proofread

It has been noticed that none of the information / figures is matching and there is no correlation between HR, S&M and FA Departments. There is no clarity on total manpower store-wise recruited and total payment we are processing on monthly basis.

As per HR the total manpower was _____ and S&M claim for payment was ______, based on the claim HR updates the information at their end but again the variation of total manpower in the subsequent months occurs. The root for all such confusion was mainly because the recruitment / replacement were doing by S&M directly and in some cases the HR will be involved.

To bring transparency, henceforth all recruitments / replacements should be through the HR Department with a proper approval by the General Manager. S&M should clearly indicate the name of the exit employee and replacement / recruitment of the new comer.

Further, please send the details of total manpower (as on date) store-wise / category-wise with name & designation of the following:

1) Store Manager / Store Incharge
    2) Shift Incharge
    3) Cashier
    4) Delivery Boys
    5) Security
    6) House Keeping

Cheers
    Rasna

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Manpower details

And...?

b

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

pl. proofread the composed letter.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by rmsh16 View Post
    pl. proofread the composed letter.
    Sorry - I missed the instruction. If it had been spelt out I probably wouldn't have.

b

Hi,

Pl. proofread

It has been noticed that none of the figures provided match and there is no correlation between HR, S&M and FA Departments. There is no clarity on total manpower recruited store-wise and total payment we are processing on monthly basis.

As per According to HR, total manpower was _____ and S&M claim for payment was ______, based on the claim that HR updates the information at their end but again inserts the variation of total manpower in the subsequent months as it occurs. The root for all such confusion was mainly because the recruitment / replacement were doing done by S&M directly and only in some cases HR will be involved.

To bring transparency, henceforth all recruitments / replacements should be through the HR Department with a proper final approval by the General Manager. S&M should clearly indicate the name of the exit employee and replacement / recruitment of the newcomer.

Further, please send the details of total manpower (as on date) store-wise / category-wise with name & designation of the following:

1) Store Manager / Store Incharge
    2) Shift Incharge
    3) Cashier
    4) Delivery Boys
    5) Security
    6) House Keeping

Cheers
    Rasna
    #
    Incharge is not a word used here. Manager or Supervisor would be the term. However, if it is a recognised title, leave it.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Dear Anglika,

Thank so much.... Yes it is a recognised title hence used Incharge in place of Supervisor, wherein, the job profile is almost same.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I'll start on the basis of Anglika's:
    It has been noticed Who did the noticing? Why not say so? - 'We have noticed?' And is the noticing of interest at all? Should you start 'Thank you for .... Unfortunately, none of...'? that none of the figures provided match and there is no correlation between HR, S&M and FA Departments. There is no clarity on Horrid phrase - I'm surprised Anglika tolerated it total manpower recruited store-wise How about 'It is not clear what manpower was used in which store'/ and total payment we are processing on monthly basis. I can't make head or tail of this phrase; I can't suggest anything because I have no idea what you're trying to say. At the very least it needs some articles (the total payment... on a monthly basis' - but these additions on their own don't make it mean anything. Besides, why use a phrase like this? If something doesn't agree with your monthly figures, say that.

As per According to HR, total manpower was _____ and S&M claim (Again, you need an article - or just say 'S&M's claim' ) for payment was ______, based on the claim (Is this the same sort of 'claim' as S&M's? If not, use a different word) that HR updates the information at their end but inserts the variation of total manpower in the subsequent months as it occurs (I'm lost.) The root for all such I don't see why 'such' is preferable to 'the' or 'this' confusion was mainly because* the recruitment / replacement were being done (Is that what you wanted? Anglika's correction was right - in that you need a past participle; but maybe you'd like to keep the idea of a continuing process.) by S&M directly and only in some cases HR will tense? be involved.

To bring transparency, (Who's seeing through what?) henceforth (I know Indian English is fond of these ponderous business terms, but I'd be happier with 'From now on' ) all recruitments (not countable)/ replacements should be made through the HR Department with a proper final approval by the General Manager. S&M should clearly indicate the name of the exiting employee and replacement / recruitment of the newcomer.

Further, please send the details of total manpower (as on date) store-wise / category-wise (I'm not really sure what these '-wise' words mean; do you mean 'Send details.... broken down according to category and store'?) with name & designation of the following:

1) Store Manager / Store Incharge I agree with A. Ugh!
    2) Shift Incharge
    3) Cashier
    4) Delivery Boys
    5) Security
    6) House Keeping
    The root is not because anything; the root is that.... Or you could say '<whatever> is at the root of this confusion'..

b

There is no clarity on Horrid phrase - I'm surprised Anglika tolerated it

I do allow for a modicum of local expression in these

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

In addition to my previous message, pl. proofread the blue coloured message

According to HR, total retail manpower of housekeeping & delivery boys in the month of August was 97 and Rs. 642763/-, whereas, the Rao Ideals (House keeping contractor) claim for payment was 107 and Rs. 693111/- which was duly certified by S&M. This was resulted an additional claim of Rs. 50348/- and if not screened at HR, it is a loss to the organisation.

Similarly it was noticed that Rs. 8000/- was claimed extra in the month of July payment was hold by us, but till now none of them asked about the forefeited payment of Rs. 8000/-. We have also noticed some variations in terms of security, cashiers etc.

Based on the claim that HR updates the information at their end but inserts the variation of total manpower in the subsequent months as it occurs. The root for all such confusion was mainly because the recruitment / replacement were done by S&M directly and only in some cases HR will be involved.

Thank you so much
    Last edited by rmsh16; 21-Oct-2008 at 12:51.

In addition to my previous message, pl. proofread the blue coloured message

According to HR, total retail manpower of housekeeping & delivery boys in the month of August was 97 and Rs. 642763/-, whereas the Rao Ideals (House keeping contractor) claim for payment was 107 and Rs. 693111/- which was duly certified by S&M. This has resulted in an additional claim of Rs. 50348/- and, if not screened at HR, it is a loss to the organisation.

Similarly it was noticed that an extra Rs. 8000/- was claimed in the month of July. Payment of this has been withheld by us, but till now no claim has been made for this payment.. We have also noticed some variations in terms of security, cashiers etc.

This is based on the claim that HR updates the information at their end but inserts the variation of total manpower in the subsequent months as it occurs. The basis for all such confusion was mainly because recruitment has been done by S&M directly and only in some cases HR will be involved.

Thank you so much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast