I need a help

when I use to write a letter, I would use to put the word " Anticipated". But my boss told me that we should not suppose to use the word anticipation instead we could use require or expected.

It means the word anticipated is odd one.. am i right? or then what s the difference between the words anticipation and expectation..

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: I need a help

Quote Originally Posted by yourfragrance View Post
    when I use to write a letter, I would use to put the word " Anticipated". But my boss told me that we should not suppose to use the word anticipation instead we could use require or expected.

It means the word anticipated is odd one.. am i right? or then what s the difference between the words anticipation and expectation..
    Teachers and others who have good command over English langauge, can't we repharse the sentences of Yourfragrance in the following way:-

'When I used to write a letter, I used the word anticipation. My boss told me that instead of using the word anticipation, I should use words like require and expected.'

OR
    'I used to use the word anticipation while writing letters. Once my boss told me that we should not use the word anticipation. Words like require or expected could be used.( I' m using could becuase it is an indirect speech).' ?
    Last edited by Roselin; 09-Oct-2008 at 14:44.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: I need a help

Quote Originally Posted by yourfragrance View Post

You'd really need to tell us what you were writing "anticipated" for in all your letters. That way we might be able to work out why your boss suggests you use those other words, and thus we could solve your problem.
    I mean, can we have some context?