I was asked to prepare an English version of the names of every room at my office in order to put special labels on almost every door in the building. In some cases it turned out to be a huge problem for me. I simply don't know the proper names. Perhaps someone works for an international corporation or is a native speaker and could help.
1) What is the room called, where people change their clothes before they start working?
2) What is the name of the room, where computer servers are placed?
3) What label can be put on the door of the Board Office (Is that name proper? Or should it be rather something like 'Executive Board'?)
One of the problems with something like this is that many people call them different things.Originally Posted by nelli
1. Dressing Room and Locker Room both work. It's obviously not a locker room if you don't have lockers.
2. We call it a "server farm" at work but that's colloquial. "Data Center" is a more appropriate term for that room.
3. Board Room works