1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Does this make sense...

I am trying to write a graduate cover letter with some impact, avoiding negativity and I was hoping that somebody could check the English which I have used here?

I am writing to apply for the position as a Junior CAD Engineer advertised by Morson International on jobsite.co.uk, for which my experience qualifies me. Whilst I do not have any Aerospace experience I do however have experience using the 3D CAD software CATIA V5.

Recently I graduated from Birmingham City University with a Bachelor of Science (Honors) majoring in Computer Aided Automotive Design. The program allowed me the opportunity to learn and practice the various methods of design from hand sketching basic concept ideas through to a detailed 3D CAD modeling of which I feel is partially related to this position. Throughout the course I also was involved working in groups, I have developed strong teamwork skills, and enjoy such an environment.

I am an individual who believes that quality must lie at the root of everything we do and also constantly thinking of another or better way to do things. I am very enthusiastic, energetic, a quick learner, excellent speaker, a good team player, highly motivated, very reliable and cooperative. I am also someone who will not be shy to ask questions. My confident nature, coupled with my team working skills, has made me a great asset to my previous employers, as they will vouch. My adaptability to different situations has led me to advance in my previous jobs, and I never fail to impress with my hard work ethic and positive attitude.

Academically, my extensive course work in computer aided automotive design program at Birmingham City University has allowed me to gain an understanding and appreciation for the processes from which a design develops from a concept idea to a working physical form. This rewarding experience sharpened my desire to continue in this field and helped me develop the tools I need to flourish in this exciting industry.

I feel that I can be a diamond for your company with my work ethics, my desire to learn much but to give even more. My ethics also rub off on people around me to strive just as hard and pay attention to details just as good.

I am extremely excited about this opportunity and I enclose my resume for your review and look forward to meeting with you in the near future. Should you have any questions or require clarification on any information, please contact me at the above telephone number.

Re: Does this make sense...

Hello, I liked your letter and wish you luck.

However, as I always strive for clarity, brevity and impact, I felt I could edit it accordingly. Feel free to ignore what I have written below, but I feel your CV (and you, during interview) ought to say a lot of what your letter was saying. It's worth remembering that people are busy, so just give them a strong, brief statement in this instance.

See what you think:

Dear ????

Re.: Junior CAD Engineer jobsite.co.uk advertisement

Please find enclosed my CV in response to the above. I feel my experience with the 3D CAD software CATIA V5 makes me ideal for the role.

As you will see from my CV, I recently graduated from Birmingham City University with a BSc (Honours), majoring in Computer Aided Automotive Design. This course gave me the opportunity to learn and practise various methods of design, from hand-sketching basic concept ideas through to detailed 3D CAD modelling.

I believe quality must underpin everything we do as engineers, as should constantly thinking of different or better ways to do things and, subsequently, I have developed an assertive method of challenging convention.

My adaptability to different situations has led me to progress in my previous jobs and, as you will learn from my references, my work ethic and positive attitude have always impressed.

I am extremely excited about this opportunity and look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Yours sincerely/faithfully

Est1984

Best wishes,

Paul Parry
    www.EnglishLanguageExpert.com
    Free ebooks and lots more!

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Re: Does this make sense...

I have made some improvements since I was last here to the Cover Letters that I posted previously. Any feedback would be massively appreciated! Grammar check would be a big help for me.

Dear Hiring Manager,

I am writing in reference to the position of 'CATIA V5 Design Engineer' as advertised at jobsite.co.uk on December 11th, 2008.

I recently graduated from the Birmingham City University with a Bachelor of Science (Hons) majoring in Computer Aided Automotive Design and I am now keen to bring my academic knowledge into the workplace. While studying this program I have acquired skills that can be efficiently utilized in your available position.

I was heavily involved with CAD systems, specifically Dassault Systems CATIA V5, to complete assignments throughout the course. I am now highly proficient at designing new automotive parts, as well as developing original product designs via sketch to concept modelling.

For my final project at Birmingham City University I designed an entire body kit for a student Formula vehicle which, upon completion, was comparable Formula One.

I am an individual who believes that quality must lie at the root of everything we do. I am very enthusiastic, energetic, a quick learner, excellent speaker, a good team player, highly motivated, very reliable and cooperative. As my previous employers would vouch, my confident nature, coupled with my team working skills, has made me a natural leader amongst my peers.

I am extremely excited about this opportunity it has a definite appeal for me, both on a personal and career level. Enclosed is my curriculum vita, as specified in your advertisement for your review. Should you have any questions or require clarification on any information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to the possibility of discussing this position in more depth with you in the near future.

Kind Regards

--
    Last edited by est1984; 13-Dec-2008 at 18:13.