Student or Learner
1. Is it correct to say, 'As I told you through text messaging...'?
2. Can we say, 'Pet expectations'?
[I use the word 'Pet', for sometimes we really like to keep expectations and let them grow.]
3. Is it correct to say 'Stuborn pockets' for 'Stuborn people'(, when one means to be sarcastic)?
Thanking you for your time and assistance,
Many thanks for your answers.
1. Is it correct to say, 'as i told you through text messaging...'?
yes, that's acceptable.
But doesn't it sound a bit orthodox? Is there any more natural way of saying this?
2. Can we say, 'pet expectations'?
[i use the word 'pet', for sometimes we really like to keep expectations and let them grow.]
no one would understand you if you said this.
A pet hobby, or a pet peeve, maybe; but a pet expectation would need explanation.
Actually this is how we say in Urdu. So I just wondered if we could say it the same way in English. What about 'keep'?
3. Is it correct to say 'stuborn pockets' for 'stuborn people'(, when one means to be sarcastic)?
i haven't heard this saying. Is it a translation of a pakistani term?
Again, it wouldn't be understood.
Not really, in fact an American friend of mine used this term.
Last edited by Mister Nutty; 19-Oct-2008 at 12:40.