1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

how to pronunce well?

I've learned English when i was in secondary school, when i learned english, i said very much, and in my mind i think i have good pronunciation. but now many English teacher say they aren't able to heard me because my pronunciation is difficult to hear. I'm trying changing my pronunce but it has no effects. Can you give me some methods to improve my pronunciation. Thank you a lot.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Re: how to pronunce well?

Quote Originally Posted by clsnnh View Post
    I've learned English when i was in secondary school, when i learned english, i said very much, and in my mind i think i have good pronunciation. but now many English teacher say they aren't able to heard me because my pronunciation is difficult to hear. I'm trying changing my pronunce but it has no effects. Can you give me some methods to improve my pronunciation. Thank you a lot.
    Take a trip to US or UK for three months

Re: how to pronunce well?

Quote Originally Posted by clsnnh View Post
    Asian students don't always remember to pronounce the final consonant. For example they say than' you instead of thank you /spea' to me instead of speak to me/thin' abou' your paren' instead of think about your parents.

I'm not saying that's your problem but it might be. Why don't you ask your teacher to listen to you and give you a list of the words she didn't understand in a passage you read out?

Once you know where the problem lies, it'll be easier to overcome it.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Smile Re: how to pronunce well?

I personally think it's a good idea start talking to English native speakers, from US or UK preferably.

English learning requires effort, start practicing: download podcasts from the web, listen to them carefully, repeat and record your voice. Repeat this process until you feel it's OK. Focus on those parts (sounds) you don't have in your language. Pronounce them out loud and compare.

Join an English learning club and talk as much as you can. Read about something, Politics, Sports, Books, Environment, Financial Crisis, Culture, etc and invite people to discuss these subjects. Make it interesting!

I am sure you will improve your pronunciation, you just have to start practicing!

Hope this helps.

[NOT A TEACHER]
    Last edited by Offroad; 20-Oct-2008 at 16:18.