• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

To Todl

Dear Todl,

I have got a lot of help from UsingEnglish and I'd like to express my thanks to all those teachers who have helped me.
    However, recently, I find the following problems:
    First, some people reply to my post but I have the impression that they themselves do not have the ability to help me. For example, I have posted questions like this:
    The key is "a" but I don't understand why it is the key. Or why isn't "b" correct? Could you please explain that to me?
    And the reply I received was something like:
    "a" is correct. You can't choose "b".
    I am afraid this type of question is not helpful. And I guess it happened to other learners as well. So is it possible to prevent such things from happening?
    Second, some teachers responded quickly and I appreciate that. But the problem is when I asked a certain question further there was no response any more. I guess it also happened to other learners as well. So is it possible to ask all the teachers to explain a question until we students understand it?

Best wishes,

Jiang

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: To Todl

I get your point very well.

Since this forum is getting much more well-known lately so numbers of students' posts have been piled up in unanswered threads section. I guess sometimes teachers are less than students so that's the problem.

I appreaciate all works teachers here have done because it is a free forum. You guys have devoted your time here. However I wish I could get my English as good as you did, Jiang. : )

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: To Todl

Please don't misunderstand me. All the teachers have given me so much help I don't know how to express my thanks in words. And I understand the teachers' situation: Helping us is not their job. They do so out of kindness.
    What I meant was one or two teachers who responded once and never heard of again no matter what questions you ask. I am just worried once a teacher responded the other teachers who will be busy answering other learners' questions would think it not necessary to look at post since there are already teachers offering help (I think other learners in such situation as well) leaving the questions alone with no teachers explain them.

Quote Originally Posted by supada View Post
    I get your point very well.

Since this forum is getting much more well-known lately so numbers of students' posts have been piled up in unanswered threads section. I guess sometimes teachers are less than students so that's the problem.

I appreaciate all works teachers here have done because it is a free forum. You guys have devoted your time here. However I wish I could get my English as good as you did, Jiang. : )
    Last edited by jiang; 21-Oct-2008 at 13:47.