• Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • United States

with

Which is correct:

(A (bad) remake or the original (and gritty and realistic) 'Get Carter', which had Micheal Caine in the starring role, was made recently with Stallone.) So there are two films called 'Get Carter'.

1-I saw 'Get Carter' with Micheal Caine, but not 'Get Carter' with Sylvester Stallone.

2-I saw the 'Get Carter' with Micheal Caine, but not the 'Get Carter' with Sylvester Stallone.

Re: with

Quote Originally Posted by navi tasan View Post
    Which is correct:

(A (bad) remake or the original (and gritty and realistic) 'Get Carter', which had Michael Caine in the starring role, was made recently with Stallone.) So there are two films called 'Get Carter'.

1-I saw 'Get Carter' with Michael Caine, but not 'Get Carter' with Sylvester Stallone.

2-I saw the 'Get Carter' with Michael Caine, but not the 'Get Carter' with Sylvester Stallone.

The first one is the way to say this.

Alternatively: I saw "Get Carter" starring Michael Caine, but not the remake with Sylvester Stallone".

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

1-I saw 'Get Carter' with Michael Caine, but not 'Get Carter' with Sylvester Stallone.

2-I saw the 'Get Carter' with Michael Caine, but not the 'Get Carter' with Sylvester Stallone.

Anglika:
    The first one is the way to say this.
    I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with Anglika here. Saying "Get Carter" twice is completely inelegant"

Alternatively: I saw "Get Carter" starring Michael Caine, but not the remake with Sylvester Stallone".

R.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Or ...but not the one with Stallone