Who is she? Michael Scofield

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could take a look for me at this context from Prison Break. Michael says: "That's not how she raised us." Who is she? Does it refer to his mother? Or someone else?

Thanks for your help.

Michael: I could've done something.
    Lincoln: No. T-Bag had his hooks in that kid.There was nothing you could've done.
    M: I could've told the Pope. He could've transferred the kid to Ad-Seg. He would've been safe.
    L: Go easy, Michael. You didn't even know him.
    M: That makes it okay? I turned my back on him because I didn't wanna make waves. It was just... easier... to look the other way... keep the plan safe.
    L : And you did.
    M: But at what price? That's not how she raised us.A man's down, you give him your hand. She'd roll over in her grave if she knew what I'd become.
    L: No, she wouldn't. You've given me your hand, Michael. My son's out there with a bull's eye on his back. Do whatever you gotta do to get us out of here, please.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Who is she? Michael Scofield

Quote Originally Posted by XINLAI-UE View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could take a look for me at this context from Prison Break. Michael says: "That's not how she raised us." Who is she? Does it refer to his mother? Or someone else?

Thanks for your help.

Michael: I could've done something.
    Lincoln: No. T-Bag had his hooks in that kid.There was nothing you could've done.
    M: I could've told the Pope. He could've transferred the kid to Ad-Seg. He would've been safe.
    L: Go easy, Michael. You didn't even know him.
    M: That makes it okay? I turned my back on him because I didn't wanna make waves. It was just... easier... to look the other way... keep the plan safe.
    L : And you did.
    M: But at what price? That's not how she raised us.A man's down, you give him your hand. She'd roll over in her grave if she knew what I'd become.
    L: No, she wouldn't. You've given me your hand, Michael. My son's out there with a bull's eye on his back. Do whatever you gotta do to get us out of here, please.
    Probably his mother, or grandmother, or whoever raised him as a child, and who is now in her grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Probably his mother, or grandmother, or whoever raised him as a child, and who is now in her grave.

Hi, Raymott,

I think I have another question in this context and I was wondering if you could have a look for me when you have got some free time.

In this context, does "bull" refer to "policeman" ? Or is "with a bull's eye on his back" actually used as a phrase/idiom here ?

Thanks for your help.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by XINLAI-UE View Post
    Hi, Raymott,

I think I have another question in this context and I was wondering if you could have a look for me when you have got some free time.

In this context, does "bull" refer to "policeman" ? Or is "with a bull's eye on his back" actually used as a phrase/idiom here ?

Thanks for your help.
    A bull's eye is a target, as on a dartboard or the target in archery.
    To say that someone has one of these on their back means that someone is after them - someone is targeting them. The person has offended someone powerful, most likely a criminal, who intends to shoot the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    A bull's eye is a target, as on a dartboard or the target in archery.
    To say that someone has one of these on their back means that someone is after them - someone is targeting them. The person has offended someone powerful, most likely a criminal, who intends to shoot the person.
    Raymott, thanks. I get it!