cond. If correction

Expand on the following sentences by adding conditional sentences beginning with (If):
    • You have a headache this morning because you drank too much coffee last night. If you hadn’t drunk too much coffee last night, you wouldn’t have had a headache.
    • The flowers are dying because you haven’t watered them enough. if you watered the flowers enough, they wouldn’t die.
    • Your father has a sore back today because he was lifting heavy boxes yesterday. If he hadn’t lift heavy boxes, he wouldn’t have had a sore back.
    • You won’t succeed unless you work harder. You wouldn’t succeed if you didn’t work harder.
    • I didn’t have you a present because I didn’t have enough money. If I had enough money, I would have had you a present.
    • Your bike has been stolen because you didn’t put the chain on it when you went into the shop. Your bike wouldn’t have been stolen if you had out the chain on it …..
    • They rode quickly through the forest so that the wolves would not be able to catch them. If the hadn’t rode quickly through the forest , the wolves would have been able to catch them.
    • I don’t go to the cinema every week because I can’t afford it. I would go to the cinema every week if I could afford it
    • We missed the beginning of the film because we missed the bus. If we hadn’t missed the bus, we wouldn’t have missed the beginning of the film.
    • I won’t go to see the doctor unless you are willing to go with me. I would go to see the doctor if you weren’t willing to go with me.

Re: cond. If correction

Quote Originally Posted by lineofhope View Post
    Expand on the following sentences by adding conditional sentences beginning with (If):
    • You have a headache this morning because you drank too much coffee last night. The flowers are dying because you haven’t watered them enough. if you watered the flowers enough, they wouldn’t die.
    • Your father has a sore back today because he was lifting heavy boxes yesterday. If he hadn’t lift heavy boxes, he wouldn’t have had a sore back.
    • You won’t succeed unless you work harder. You wouldn’t succeed if you didn’t work harder.
    • I didn’t have you a present because I didn’t have enough money. If I had enough money, I would have had you a present.
    • Your bike has been stolen because you didn’t put the chain on it when you went into the shop. Your bike wouldn’t have been stolen if you had out the chain on it …..
    • They rode quickly through the forest so that the wolves would not be able to If you hadn’t drunk too much coffee last night, you wouldn’t have a headache.catch them. If the hadn’t rode quickly through the forest , the wolves would have been able to catch them.
    • I don’t go to the cinema every week because I can’t afford it. I would go to the cinema every week if I could afford it
    • We missed the beginning of the film because we missed the bus. If we hadn’t missed the bus, we wouldn’t have missed the beginning of the film.
    • I won’t go to see the doctor unless you are willing to go with me. I would go to see the doctor if you weren’t willing to go with me.
    If you had watered the flowers enough, they wouldn’t be dying.

If he hadn’t been lifting heavy boxes, he wouldn’t have a sore back.

If you worked harder you would succeed.

If I had enough money, I would make/give you a present.

Your bike wouldn’t have been stolen if you had out the chain on it …

If you hadn’t drunk too much coffee last night, you wouldn’t have a headache

If the hadn’t rode quickly through the forest , the wolves would have been able to catch them.
    I would go to the cinema every week if I could afford it

If we hadn’t missed the bus, we wouldn’t have missed the beginning of the film.

I would go to see the doctor if you were willing to go with me.
    Last edited by inbochum; 26-Oct-2008 at 17:08.

If he hadnít ridden quickly through the forest ....

thanks alot for your help :)

If you hadnít drunk so much coffee last night, you wouldnít have had(omit) a headache this morning.

If you don't work harder, you won't succeed.

I didnít have you a present because I didnít have enough money.
    If I didn't have a present for you, it was because I didn't have enough money.

They rode quickly through the forest so that the wolves would not be able to catch them.
    If they don't ride quickly through the forest, the wolves will be able to catch them.
    If they don't want the wolves to catch them, they wlll ride quickly through the forest.

I donít go to the cinema every week because I canít afford it.
    If I can't afford it, I don't go to the cinema every week.

I wonít go to see the doctor unless you are willing to go with me
    If you are willing to go with me, I will go to see the doctor.