Results 1 to 5 of 5

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 20
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    What does it mean by "to cram before an exam"?

    For tests and exams. what does it mean to CRAM?
    and, are there any similar expressions or words of this meaning?



    Thank you for answering!~~

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Apr 2007
    • Posts: 4,146
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: What does it mean by "to cram before an exam"?

    Quote Originally Posted by wsytzw View Post
    For tests and exams. what does it mean to CRAM?
    and, are there any similar expressions or words of this meaning?



    Thank you for answering!~~
    It meams to study intensely for a relatively short period of time before an exam or exams.
    Typically the student will stay up late at night or even all night studying. Staying up late to study is called 'burning the midnight oil'.
    Another expression is 'hitting the books'.
    I have to hit the books hard for the next three days.


    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 20
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: What does it mean by "to cram before an exam"?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2006 View Post
    It meams to study intensely for a relatively short period of time before an exam or exams.
    Typically the student will stay up late at night or even all night studying. Staying up late to study is called 'burning the midnight oil'.
    Another expression is 'hitting the books'.
    I have to hit the books hard for the next three days.

    And another expression is to "pull an all-nighter"? The same meaning?

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Apr 2007
    • Posts: 4,146
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: What does it mean by "to cram before an exam"?

    Quote Originally Posted by wsytzw View Post
    And another expression is to "pull an all-nighter"? The same meaning?
    Yes, it means the same as "burn the midnight oil".


    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 20
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: What does it mean by "to cram before an exam"?

    Thank you very much~~

Similar Threads

  1. "to pee" vs "to piss"
    By jctgf in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-Dec-2007, 17:08
  2. "to get to" x "to be able to"
    By jctgf in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-Nov-2007, 05:38
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-Nov-2007, 22:34
  4. "to make" x "to do"
    By jctgf in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Nov-2007, 00:45
  5. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "TO Lay" and "TO Lie"
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Sep-2007, 16:45

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •