Corrections

Hi,

I have a question about this word "Corrections" when I was watching Prison Break. Why does Warden say "Being married to someone in Corrections...terrible job" ? Since the first letter of "Corrections" is in capital, I guess it does not just mean what it says (correction). Then, Does anybody have any idea what "Corrections" refers to here ?

Thanks for your help.

Warden: The reason I called you here... I noticed in your I-file, under occupation, you put down 'unemployed.' That's not true, now, is it? I know you're a structural engineer, Scofield. Shah Jahan built the Taj Majal as a monument to his undying love for his wife. My wife is quite fond of the story. It appeals to the romantic in her. Being married to someone in Corrections... terrible job. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. And yet, in 39 years my wife has never complained. And the worst part about it is, I've never thanked her. So, because I couldn't say it, I thought, you know, I could build it. Come June, it's our 40th anniversary. But here, look...you see, the problem is... I build anymore, it's all gonna come down like a house of cards. That's where I was hoping you could be of assistance. For the favor, I can offer you three days of work a week in here. And it'll keep you off the yard.

Re: Corrections

In the US [and other countries] the Department of Corrections controls prisons and their running. It is often simply refered to as "Corrections", which from the context will be understood as the department.

Re: Corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    In the US [and other countries] the Department of Corrections controls prisons and their running. It is often simply refered to as "Corrections", which from the context will be understood as the department.
    Thanks. Anglika.