Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Unregistered

    Red face Dropping the 'e' when you add 'ing'

    Could anyone please tell me what the rule is called when you drop the 'e' off the end of a word to add 'ing' - such as the word having. I'm sure I learnt at school that this rule is called something specific, but cannot remember. Many Thanks Tess.

  2. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970

    Re: Dropping the 'e' when you add 'ing'

    It's called, the Silent E spelling rule.

    Silent E Spelling Rule
    Drop the -e, and add -ed or -ing.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts