• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Not quite sure what it's saying

One day, a farmer arrived attached to a barn door. He had caught a sliver of wood in his hand and couldn't get it out. She wasn't able to leave her office, so he came to her.
    This is taken from the Nancy Sirett obituaries on Globe and Mail. She was a doctor.

I'm not sure what the text is exactly depicting. Is it saying the guy came to her office with an entire barn door because this 'sliver of wood' from the door pierced his hand and he couldn't get it out? it sounds a bit strange (and perhaps inefficient) as he couldn've easily snapped that part of wood and come without the barn door. No?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Not quite sure what it's saying

Quote Originally Posted by HaraKiriBlade View Post
    This is taken from the Nancy Sirett obituaries on Globe and Mail. She was a doctor.

I'm not sure what the text is exactly depicting. Is it saying the guy came to her office with an entire barn door because this 'sliver of wood' from the door pierced his hand and he couldn't get it out? it sounds a bit strange (and perhaps inefficient) as he couldn've easily snapped that part of wood and come without the barn door. No?
    Yes, that's what it is saying.
    It also sounds a bit odd to me, but stranger things have happened.