• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Catalan
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Cool Being messed up and more

In the following paragraph, I have some doubts on its exact meaning which I would strongly agree you help me to elucidate.

"My character is not very happy because his dad is messed up and it seems as though almost everybody wants something from him, emotionally. They are pulling, but they won't give back emotionally."

In this case, what does messed up mean? That dad is someone perturbing or that dad's mind is a mess?

And one more, what's saying the second sentence: They are pulling, but they won't give back emotionally? That everybody is most demanding but they don't return any emotional compensation?

Thank You very much for your help

Re: Being messed up and more

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    In the following paragraph, I have some doubts on its exact meaning which I would strongly agree you help me to elucidate.

"My character is not very happy because his dad is messed up and it seems as though almost everybody wants something from him, emotionally. They are pulling, but they won't give back emotionally."

In this case, what does messed up mean? That dad is someone perturbing or that dad's mind is a mess?
    He is in a metaphoric mess - for instance, his business is in trouble, his finances are all over the place, he cannot get up in the morning, he drinks too much - he's messed up.

And one more, what's saying the second sentence: They are pulling, but they won't give back emotionally? That everybody is most demanding but they don't return any emotional compensation? Absolutely.

Thank You very much for your help