Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Feb 2006
    • Posts: 61
    #1

    Is this correct?

    Hi,

    Is the following sentence correct?

    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar had been released. Please collect it from me.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Jun 2006
    • Posts: 2,130
    #2

    Re: Is this correct?

    'Released' means let go something which you had been keeping.
    'Issued' would be better.

    not a teacher

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Feb 2006
    • Posts: 61
    #3

    Re: Is this correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by tedtmc View Post
    'Released' means let go something which you had been keeping.
    'Issued' would be better.

    not a teacher
    Released = It is done (released) through computer Software Program for further process to get the payment for their invoice.

  1. Dawood Usmani's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 603
    #4

    Re: Is this correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetie123 View Post
    Hi,

    Is the following sentence correct?

    The invoice for the month of October, 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been generated. Please collect it from me.
    Hope this helps!

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Jun 2006
    • Posts: 2,130
    #5

    Re: Is this correct?

    Which is better:

    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been released. Please collect it from me.


    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been issued. Please collect it from me.


    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been generated. Please collect it from me.

    I find it unusual that the client/customer has been asked to collect an invoice, which I thought is normally sent out.
    Last edited by tedtmc; 21-Nov-2008 at 04:58.

  2. Dawood Usmani's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 603
    #6

    Question Re: Is this correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by tedtmc View Post
    Which is better:

    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been released. Please collect it from me.


    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been issued. Please collect it from me.


    The invoice for the month of October 2008 for Mr. Sudheer Kumar has been generated. Please collect it from me.

    I find it unusual that the client/customer has been asked to collect an invoice, which I thought is normally sent out.
    First of all it is not necessary that the addressee of this sentence is a customer. It may be a workmate etc. I would go with generated because this suits most as the sentence in question "Please collect it from me." suggests. If it had been issued, there had not been any use to ask somebody to collect it.
    Hope this helps!
    Dawood
    Dawood

Similar Threads

  1. Is this sentence correct?
    By snade17 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2009, 00:12
  2. Correct them plz
    By twilit1988 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-Oct-2008, 14:54
  3. Correct mistakes in passage
    By Wai_Wai in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2008, 08:27
  4. Correct / wrong...
    By tangelatm in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-Sep-2006, 22:09
  5. Which sentence is correct? (plz help)
    By juliana0403 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-Aug-2006, 21:24

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •