Exclamation 'better' and 'more good'

Case 1:
    "My mother thought that I was the least intelligent of all the pupils in my class, but she was wrong. I was good at history and even better at math."

If the first case is the common structure, do you think it is possible to form the following structure based on the approach that the speaker is comparing himself to his classmates in the first part of the sentence while in the second he modifies up his level in math compared to his level at history?!

Case 2:
    "My mother thought that I was the least intelligent of all the pupils in my class, but she was wrong. I was better at history and even more good at math."

Re: 'better' and 'more good'

Quote Originally Posted by sambitar View Post
    Case 1:
    "My mother thought that I was the least intelligent of all the pupils in my class, but she was wrong. I was good at history and even better at math."

If the first case is the common structure, do you think it is possible to form the following structure based on the approach that the speaker is comparing himself to his classmates in the first part of the sentence while in the second he modifies up his level in math compared to his level at history?!

Case 2:
    "My mother thought that I was the least intelligent of all the pupils in my class, but she was wrong. I was better at history and even more good at math."

He may have meant he is an average one, not too bad!

It is wrong by "more good", in my opinion