• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Mumbai terrorist attack>>Please check

The largest terrorist attack after 9/11 was at the heart of Mumbai, Taj and Oberoi hotels, Nariman House. When will our politicians will wake up from reverie? Why none of the terrorist targets the corrupt politicians rather than the innocent lives. My eye welled up seeing the funeral of our brave commandos, who scarified theirs life for our country; ATS chief, Mr Hemant Kalkare, NSC Major, Mr. Sandeep, who was in his early 30s still a Bachelor and the like. I asked the citizen of our country, who is the real hero/icon of our country? The crickets that make billions rupee or the brave hearts that save billion lives. Where are the politicians who showered million rupees on cricketers, when they won world champions trophy to hog the limelight. I salute to all brave soldiers to safe us. We might forget them in a day or two, but their families won’t, it pinches my soul to see their family members crying. The terrorist’s bullets have not just preached the victims’ and brave soldiers’ bodies, but our hearts, hope it had also shattered our politicians are still in slumber. I salute my brave soldiers again
    Last edited by new2grammar; 29-Nov-2008 at 12:59.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: Mumbai terrorist attack>>Please check

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    The largest terrorist attack after 9/11 was at the heart of Mumbai, Taj and Oberoi hotels, Nariman House. When will our politicians will wake up from reverie? Why none of the terrorist targets the corrupt politicians rather than the innocent lives. My eye welled up seeing the funeral of our brave commandos, who scarified theirs life for our country; ATS chief, Mr Hemant Kalkare, NSC Major, Mr. Sandeep, who was in his early 30s still a Bachelor and the like. I asked the citizen of our country, who is the real hero/icon of our country? The crickets that make billions rupee or the brave hearts that save billion lives. Where are the politicians who showered million rupees on cricketers, when they won world champions trophy to hog the limelight. I salute to all brave soldiers to safe us. We might forget them in a day or two, but their families won’t, it pinches my soul to see their family members crying. The terrorist’s bullets have not just preached the victims’ and brave soldiers’ bodies, but our hearts, hope it had also shattered our politicians are still in slumber. I salute my brave soldiers again
    I would like to add as below:

Salute to Indian Army and NSG commandos, shame on our politicians who tried to score on for themselves and their party on such a dreadful situation. Why terrorist attack on public only why not such shameless politicians.

Well done Commandos and Indian Armed Forces. You have again risen to The Occasion -- as usual, after total failure of intelligence agencies, political leadership and their advisors. Nation salutes you all while politicians are busy playing blame game.

We are proud of our Army and NSG's and those who lost their lives for saving the lives of people.

Terror strikes or accidents are unpredictable. Managing or limiting damages are predictable.

Can we start at least taking care of our surroundings?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by rmsh16 View Post
    I would like to add as below:

Salute to Indian Army and NSG commandos, shame on our politicians who tried to score on for themselves and their party on such a dreadful situation. Why terrorist attack on public only why not such shameless politicians.

Well done Commandos and Indian Armed Forces. You have again risen to The Occasion -- as usual, after total failure of intelligence agencies, political leadership and their advisors. Nation salutes you all while politicians are busy playing blame game.

We are proud of our Army and NSG's and those who lost their lives for saving the lives of people.

Terror strikes or accidents are unpredictable. Managing or limiting damages are predictable.

Can we start at least taking care of our surroundings?
    Thanks for your views.
    Kindly let me know my orginal para is grammatically correct?

The largest terrorist attack after 9/11 was at the heart of Mumbai, in the Taj and Oberoi hotels and Nariman House. When will our politicians will wake up from reverie? Why do/have none of the terrorists target corrupt politicians rather than innocent lives. My eye welled up seeing the funeral of our brave commandos, who sacrificed their lives for our country - ATS chief Mr Hemant Kalkare, NSC Major Sandeep, who was in his early 30s and still a bachelor, and the like. I ask the citizens of our country: who is the real hero/icon of our country? The cricketers who make billions of rupees or the brave hearts that save billions of lives? Where are the politicians who showered rupees on cricketers, when they won world champions trophy to hog the limelight. [omit - better without] I salute all brave soldiers who protect us. We might forget them in a day or two, but their families won’t. It pinches my soul to see their family members crying. The terrorists' bullets have not just breached the victims’ and brave soldiers’ bodies, but our hearts. I hope they have also shattered woken our politicians who still slumber. I salute our brave soldiers again
    The amount of error is the result of writing in a highly emotional state. You haven't checked your own writing - it is a good piece otherwise.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    The amount of error is the result of writing in a highly emotional state. You haven't checked your own writing - it is a good piece otherwise.
    Thanks for your kind help. Indeed you are right silly errors occured because I was highly emotional at that time. Since three days I was glued to tv without having proper food, here in Mumbai the air is filled with sadness

It was a terrible event and must have been terrifying for those in the city. I hope things are better for you now.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

When will our politicians will wake up from reverie?
    did you want to use that will?
    Last edited by anreak; 30-Nov-2008 at 02:19.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by anreak View Post
    did you want to use that will?
    what you suggest her

How about this...

When our politicians will wake up from reverie?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

what you suggest her

How about this...

I thought you wanted to say "when will our politicians wake up from the reverie?".

I'm not a teacher, just found the repetition of "wills" strange.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

what you suggest her

How about this...

If it's a question then it should be 'When will our politicians wake up from their reverie?'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast