Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. I dont speak english
    Guest
    #1

    Angry If!

    Please,I dont know werry good english! I need help!

    Sentences if:

    1.Come if you _______
    2.You will get a good mark if you_______
    3.She wold go out if she ________
    4.I wold have done it if I______
    5.They would have done it if I______
    6.If I know ______
    7.If ther came we______
    8.If I were you_______
    9.If she met him they______
    10.Dont eat if you______

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,278
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: If!

    Quote Originally Posted by I dont speak english View Post
    Please,I dont know werry good english! I need help!

    Sentences if:

    1.Come if you _______
    2.You will get a good mark if you_______
    3.She wold go out if she ________
    4.I wold have done it if I______
    5.They would have done it if I______
    6.If I know ______
    7.If ther came we______
    8.If I were you_______
    9.If she met him they______
    10.Dont eat if you______
    What, exactly, are you asking?

  3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Nov 2008
    • Posts: 2
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: If!

    Need complete sentences how I wish...


    I have more:

    Complete the sentences with the words in the list:

    1.It's about time you__________(going there)
    2.If I were you,I______(buyung all those expensive clothes)
    3.I'd(=I would)rather you_______(that.
    4.I think you ought to______(that job)
    5.You'd(=you had)better_______(going)


    Complete the sentences with the words in the list.You do not need all of them.

    1.If I were you,I ________(start saving now)
    2.You'd_____________(get a part-time job)
    3.His boss______(that he work longer hours.
    4.I think you_________(to spend more time at home)
    5.You____(beter avoid carrying heavy weights)
    6.It's____(you startet thinking about your future)
    7.I'd____(you didn't buy so many gadgets)
    8.I_____(that she open her own bank account.)

    Use the beginnings providet and the words in brackets to paraphrase the sentences.:

    1.I suggest that he should change his career plants.
    He______________his career plants(better)
    2.Please don't play music late at night
    I'd______________music late at night(rather)
    3.The committee should manage the funds more carefully
    We___________the funds more carefully(insist)
    4.I think it's a good idea to study economics nowadays
    If______economics(were)
    5.I think he should start looking for a yob.
    It's about____for a yob(time)
    6.Her teachers made her wear longer skirts.
    Her teachers_____longer skirts(demand)
    7.I'd prefer you to dress more smartly for work.
    I______more smartly for work(rather)
    8.Jim should see a doctor before it gets any worse.
    Jim_____a doctor before it gets any worse
    Last edited by xxl; 29-Nov-2008 at 21:01.

  4. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 23,270
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: If!

    Quote Originally Posted by I dont speak english View Post
    Please,I dont know werry good english! I need help!

    Sentences if:

    1.Come if you _______
    2.You will get a good mark if you_______
    3.She wold go out if she ________
    4.I wold have done it if I______
    5.They would have done it if I______
    6.If I know ______
    7.If ther came we______
    8.If I were you_______
    9.If she met him they______
    10.Dont eat if you______
    We don't provide answers like this until you've made an attempt.
    Tell us what you think should go into the space, and we will comment on it.

  5. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 23,270
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: If!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Need complete sentences how I wish...


    I have more:

    Complete the sentences with the words in the list:

    1.It's about time you__________(going there)
    2.If I were you,I______(buyung all those expensive clothes)
    3.I'd(=I would)rather you_______(that.
    4.I think you ought to______(that job)
    5.You'd(=you had)better_______(going)


    Complete the sentences with the words in the list.You do not need all of them.

    1.If I were you,I ________(start saving now)
    2.You'd_____________(get a part-time job)
    3.His boss______(that he work longer hours.
    4.I think you_________(to spend more time at home)
    5.You____(beter avoid carrying heavy weights)
    6.It's____(you startet thinking about your future)
    7.I'd____(you didn't buy so many gadgets)
    8.I_____(that she open her own bank account.)

    Use the beginnings providet and the words in brackets to paraphrase the sentences.:

    1.I suggest that he should change his career plants.
    He______________his career plants(better)
    2.Please don't play music late at night
    I'd______________music late at night(rather)
    3.The committee should manage the funds more carefully
    We___________the funds more carefully(insist)
    4.I think it's a good idea to study economics nowadays
    If______economics(were)
    5.I think he should start looking for a yob.
    It's about____for a yob(time)
    6.Her teachers made her wear longer skirts.
    Her teachers_____longer skirts(demand)
    7.I'd prefer you to dress more smartly for work.
    I______more smartly for work(rather)
    8.Jim should see a doctor before it gets any worse.
    Jim_____a doctor before it gets any worse
    We don't provide answers like this until you've made an attempt.
    Tell us what you think should go into the space, and we will comment on it.

  6. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Nov 2008
    • Posts: 2
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: If!

    1.Come if you dare
    2.You will get a good mark if you learn
    3.She wold go out if she want
    4.I wold have done it if I cant
    5.They would have eaten it if they want
    6.If I know i will tell
    7.If ther came we will know
    8.If I were you will smile
    9.If she met him they will go
    10.Dont eat if you not hungry

  7. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 23,270
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: If!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    1.Come if you dare
    2.You will get a good mark if you learn
    3.She would go out if she wanted to.
    4.I would have done it if I [cant] could.
    5.They would have eaten it if they had wanted to.
    6.If I know i [will] would tell
    7.If they [?] came we [will know]. If they came we would know.
    8.If I were you [will smile] I would smile.
    9.If she met him they [will go] would go.
    10.Don't eat if you are not hungry
    It's hard to be sure what you should write. This is no question.
    It looks like you are meant to be learning conditional sentences.
    You need to learn about the difference between "will" and "would".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •