• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

Wfppfm

What does WFPPFM mean here:

"John Yokoyama and Joseph Michelli explain the secrets to making the success of the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market come alive in your work and life. These are principles that work. You can energize your people and delight your customers by modeling the fabulous ideas that come from the WFPPFM."--Ken Blanchard, coauthor of The One Minute Manager

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

Re: Wfppfm

Ah...Oh...Err...I...I got it!!

It stands for World Famous Pike Place Fish Market.

Sorry I asked before I thought about it...

Hey, is that the one in Seattle? I've been there! :D

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

Yes, it is.
    I'm reading a book about it.
    So is it a very big fish market or a small stand?
    The book sometimes uses the name "World Famous Pike Place Fish" and sometimes "Pike Place Fish Market".
    I guess the Pike Place Fish is just one stand at the market??

It's actually a pretty large fish market. Personally, I wouldn't say it is 'world famous'; I'd never heard of it before I went to Seattle. But then, maybe that's just my ignorance showing through. ;)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

Now I'm getting confused...'cause the book says the World Famous Pike Place Fish is / was a small stand...

Please have a look (I copied from their website):

"This is the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market that you have always heard about -- the Seattle fresh fish company with fresh seafood for sale and the fun and excitement you remember. Order fresh seafood online and we'll ship it overnight. Soon you will be eating the best fresh seafood in the world.
    You can find us in Seattles Pike Place Market, an historic, open-air market where people come from all over the world to see our world famous crew of fish mongers throwing fish and having fun. They also come to buy some of the best seafood available anywhere in the world and have it shipped home.

Being world famous means Going beyond just providing outstanding service to people. Were always on the lookout for how we can make a difference in peoples lives. Check out all the great recipes on our website. Learn how to grill, broil, bake, boil, smoke or poach salmon, halibut, shrimp, clams, mussels, scallops, tilapia, trout and more."

Does this mean it used to be a small stand and now it's turned into a whole market?
    Or still, it's just one store inside the whole fish market?