Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Unregistered

    Unhappy Quick help pls!

    Do you know the name of what it is called when the first letter of each word of a name or sentence is used to create a word, like NAFTA, SCUBA, etc?

  2. Webmaster,
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 3,568

    Re: Quick help pls!


    The word you're looking for is INITIALISM


Similar Threads

  1. The quick and the dead
    By bmo in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-Sep-2004, 20:21
  2. quick response?
    By Eway in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-Apr-2004, 16:56
  3. quick question
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2003, 05:13
  4. New Forum Feature - Quick Reply
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-May-2003, 17:21


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts