A letter asking for information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
It is supposed to be a text for the reading paper, part 1 of the First Certificate in English. I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could told me whether there is any grammar or language mistake. The task is "You and a friend want to be volunteers in the World Support Programme. Write a letter asking for information and details".
Thank you very much,

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to you in order to ask for some details about your World Support Programme. A friend and I are really interested in taking part in the programme but we are in need of more information.
Firstly, I would like to know the average age of the volunteers. We are twenty-year-old teenagers and consequently, we wish to be with people from our same age.
Secondly, I wonder if you could tell me where the programme is run and which communities we would help. Moreover, I would be grateful if you told me which skills are needed. For instance, is it useful to have a good English level?
In your advertisements, it is said that the programme is free of charge even though it seems improbable to me. It would be worth if you specified whether it has no costs involved at all.
Finally, could you give me more information about the accomodation and the food? I would like to know which kind of food is served and whether the accomodation is in houses or tents.
Actually, we wholeheartedly want to become volunteers so we look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours faithfully,
Sebastian Senlle

David L.

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to you in order to ask for some details about your World Support Programme. A friend and I are really interested in taking part in the programme but we are in need of more information.

Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing to request further information about your World Support Programme, as a friend and I are really interested in participating; and clarification of the following details:

Firstly, I would like to know the average age of the volunteers. We are twenty-year-old teenagers and consequently, we wish to be with people from our same age.

Firstly, we were wondering about the average age of the volunteers. We are both twenty and would wish to be with people our own age.

Secondly, I wonder if you could tell me where the programme is run and which communities we would help. Moreover, I would be grateful if you told me which skills are needed. For instance, is it useful to have a good English level?

Secondly, I wonder if you could tell me in what countries the programme operates and in what communities we might be asked to work? Further, what skills are needed and is it useful to have a good level of English?

In your advertisements, it is said that the programme is free of charge even though it seems improbable to me. It would be worth if you specified whether it has no costs involved at all.

In your advertisements, it says that the programme is free of charge. Could you confirm that there are no costs whatever to be met by the participants?

Finally, could you give me more information about the accomodation and the food? I would like to know which kind of food is served and whether the accomodation is in houses or tents.
Actually, we wholeheartedly want to become volunteers so we look forward to receiving your reply.

Finally, could you provide some information about the accommodation - is this in houses or tents? - and the type of food to be anticipated?

We are feeling very enthusiastic about volunteering, and look forward to your reply.

((((((((((Actually, we wholeheartedly want to become volunteers so we look forward to receiving your reply.

I'm not sure about saying 'wholeheartedly' just yet, as you haven't all the information back by which to judge - how "wholehearted" will you be if you'll be living on 'local food' which is fish heads and rice most days.))))))))

Yours faithfully
Sebastian Senlle

Status
Not open for further replies.