• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

expression of thanks or an exclamation of annoyance, as required by the meaning

Dear teachers,

Would you be kind enough to tell me your opinion concerning my responds to the following situation sentences with an expression of thanks or an exclamation of annoyance, as required by the meaning?

1.1. There! Give me another tea-cloth. Iíll finish the wipping and youíll put the dry cups into the china cupboard.
    1.2. Thanks a lot, Mary. But for you, I should be busy washing up till midnight.

2.1. Philip is going to the medical congress in Warsaw. And whatís worde-he is not coming back before the 5th January.
    2.2. How very disappointing! But for this congress, he would be seeing the New York in together with us!

3.1. I heart your test-paper is excellent? Congratulations! Now you are an ďexpertĒ in algebra!
    3.2. Iím so much obliged to your father! But for him, Iíd never have caugh up with the class so quickly.

4.1. Jim is in bed. He is running a temperature. Itís the flu, they say.
    4.2. How terribly annoying! But for his cold, we should be dancing at the club to night!

5.1. Well, you look very legant in this dress and prettier than ever! The colour is very becoming.
    5.2. Iím so grateful to your mother! But for her Iíd still be wearing my old frock.

6.1. It appears that when Nell fell ill, your aunt didnít call a doctor in! And now itís pneumonia! Hereís a letter from her.
    6.2. How ridiculous! But for her stupidity, the child wouldíve recovered long ago.

7.1. What wrenched weather! Rain, and snow, and what not! Your feet are all wet, arenít they?
    7.2. Damn it all! But for this awful slush I shouldnít have spoilt my new shoes!

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

V

Re: expression of thanks or an exclamation of annoyance, as required by the meaning

Quote Originally Posted by vil View Post
    Dear teachers,

Would you be kind enough to tell me your opinion concerning my responds to the following situation sentences with an expression of thanks or an exclamation of annoyance, as required by the meaning?

1.1. There! Give me another tea-cloth. Iíll finish the wiping and you put the dry cups into the china cupboard.
    1.2. Thanks a lot, Mary. But for you, I should be busy washing up till midnight.

2.1. Philip is going to the medical congress in Warsaw. And whatís worse - he is not coming back before January 5th.
    2.2. How very disappointing! But for this congress, he would be seeing the New Year in with us!

3.1. I heard your test-paper is excellent! Congratulations! Now you are an ďexpertĒ in algebra!
    3.2. Iím so much obliged to your father! But for him, Iíld never have caught up with the class so quickly.

4.1. Jim is in bed. He is running a temperature. Itís the flu, they say.
    4.2. How terribly annoying! But for his cold, we would be dancing at the club to night!

5.1. Well, you look very elegant in that dress and prettier than ever! The colour is very becoming.
    5.2. Iím so grateful to your mother! But for her Iíd still be wearing my old frock.

6.1. It appears that when Nell fell ill, your aunt didnít call a doctor in! And now itís pneumonia! Hereís a letter from her.
    6.2. How ridiculous! But for her stupidity, the child wouldíve recovered long ago.

7.1. What wretched weather! Rain, and snow, and what not! Your feet are all wet, arenít they?
    7.2. Damn it all! But for this awful slush I shouldnít have spoilt my new shoes!

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

V
    .. They are mostly fine [my corrections in blue]