1. Unregistered

about "Hi"

Hello,

If 2 professors dont know eachother, and if they own high position in academics, Is it possible to write Hi in the letter or not?

in fact I emailed a letter as an attached form through email of my boss. the letter is correct was scanned and i sent it as picture format. but i wrote in the text box of yahoo email "Hi, Please refer to the attached file"

I want to know If the word "Hi" is very bad to write in this position or not. please carify me this subject to "rosabel60@gmail.com"

Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: about "Hi"

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

If 2 professors dont know eachother, and if they own high position in academics, Is it possible to write Hi in the letter or not?

in fact I emailed a letter as an attached form through email of my boss. the letter is correct was scanned and i sent it as picture format. but i wrote in the text box of yahoo email "Hi, Please refer to the attached file"

I want to know If the word "Hi" is very bad to write in this position or not. please carify me this subject to "rosabel60@gmail.com"

Thanks
    If I were the professor, I would prefer it to say "Dear Professor Raymott" or simply "Professor Raymott", please refer ...", especially in a first email, and even more especially if you trying to establish a professional collaboration with him/her. If you want future professional help from this person, "Hi" may have been a bad start.
    But there are a lot of variables that we don't know about. Perhaps the greeting will go completely unnoticed.