The same as(...)

The same as the virtual world is within their(programmers) laws, reality also behaves in respect to laws, or perhaps according to one's will.

Is this correct? What makes me unsure whether it is or not is the fact that the point of similitude is that they are influenced by "laws", but not in an exactly similar matter. For example, by "programmers" and by "one"; using computers, etc.

Also, please tell me if I made a mistake in this post.

Re: The same as(...)

You can draw a parallel between the laws of reality and the laws created by programmers for virtual reality programs: whether you can make an interesting point out of it is another matter

Where you write

reality also behaves in respect to laws, or perhaps according to one's will.

are you suggesting that reality behaves in respect to laws in addition to according to one's will, or that one's will is an alternative to the laws?

In other words, are reality's laws created by one's will - or are the two things mutually exclusive?

I cannot attempt to rephrase the words without knowing what you mean exactly.

behaves according to one's will and not laws.

Quote Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post
    behaves according to one's will and not laws.
    I like that idea (at least as I understand it).

We are all programmers of our own "virtual" realities (the programming tool being "one's will"). It is perhaps not too much of a stretch to describe our experience of the world, and therefore our experience of "reality" as being "virtual" - as our comprehension of it is usually just an approximation.

Your original sentence could read:

The laws of reality within a computer program share similarities to the laws of reality in the corporeal world; but whereas binary code establishes the laws within an artificial environment, one's own will is the driving force in shaping the occurrences of day to day life.

However this may have obscured your intended meaning or diverged from the type of tone you wanted the passage to present.