• Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

through

Hello all,

The real transformation of the beliefs comes from engaging the totality of what we are. We are so much more than just intellect and reason. We are vastly more than just our thinking. We are this human body with the senses of touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell. We have instinct and intuition. We are feeling beings with emotion. We are spirit imbued with the force of life - aware - and through our perception, dreamers.

I don't understand why - aware - is put there, like telling us to be aware? and what "... and through our perception, dreamers." means? we are dreamers through our perception?? sound weird to me. Pls help.

Thank you.

beeja

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: through

Quote Originally Posted by beeja View Post
    Hello all,

The real transformation of the beliefs comes from engaging the totality of what we are. We are so much more than just intellect and reason. We are vastly more than just our thinking. We are this human body with the senses of touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell. We have instinct and intuition. We are feeling beings with emotion. We are spirit imbued with the force of life - aware - and through our perception, dreamers.

I don't understand why - aware - is put there, like telling us to be aware? and what "... and through our perception, dreamers." means? we are dreamers through our perception?? sound weird to me. Pls help.

Thank you.

beeja
    It's just for emphasis.
    The sentence means:
    We are spirit imbued with the force of life - [we are] aware - and through our perception, [we are] dreamers.
    Yes, your interpretation is right. Commas would be more correct to use instead of the dashes. Yes, it does sound weird, especially the "We are spirit imbued with the force of life" part.
    It's not good writing.