• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Question would u plz explain these questions?

Hi everybody,Would you please tell me why these following answers are correct or not?(please avoide to say that this answer is meaningful or meaningless, because nobody can understand the reason of wrong or correct answer), Thanks.1- Many plants can be tricket into flowering earlier or later than normal.........the hours of light.a) by artificial adjustmentb) are adjusted artificially byc) they are artificially adjustedd) by artificially adjusting Why is (d) correct? --------------------------------------------------------------------2- When zippers are easy to use, it took almost half a century to perfect the zipper and find a way to manufacture them econimicaly.why is "when zippers" wrong?------------------------------------------------------------------3- The fossils represent animals or plants that had hard and usually well-developed body structure.why is "the fossils" wrong?-------------------------------------------------------------------4- Mercury and alcohol are widely used in thernometer because their volume increases uniform with tempreture.why is "uniform with" wrong?------------------------------------------------------------------------5- Oil whale lamps were replace by kerosen lamps in the 1860's and the multi-million dollar whale industry came to an end.why is "oil whale" wrong?-----------------------------------------------------------------------6- When scientists discovered how soap works, it became possible to do synthetic detergents out of petroleum.why is" to do" wrong?------------------------------------------------------------------------7- Graphology, the science of handwriting analysis, has interested people as far back as the 2nd century.why is "has interested" wrong?--------------------------------------------------------------------------Best regards

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: would u plz explain these questions?

Quote Originally Posted by taghavi View Post
    Hi everybody,Would you please tell me why the following answers are correct or not?(please avoide to say that this answer is meaningful or meaningless, because nobody can understand the reason of wrong or correct answer), Thanks.

1- Many plants can be tricked into flowering earlier or later than normal.........the hours of light.
    a) by artificial adjustment b) are adjusted artificially by c) they are artificially adjusted d) by artificially adjusting
    Why is (d) correct? --(Why not?)-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2- When zippers are easy to use, it took almost half a century to perfect the zipper and find a way to manufacture them economically.

Why is "when zippers" wrong?---(Because it should be "While zippers".)---------------------------------------------------------------
    3- The fossils represent animals or plants that had hard and usually well-developed body structures.
    why is "the fossils" wrong?-------------------------------------------------------------------
    4- Mercury and alcohol are widely used in thermometers because their volume increases uniform with temperature.
    Why is "uniform with" wrong?---("Uniform" is an adjective, not an adverb.)---------------------------------------------------------------------
    5- Oil whale lamps were replaced by kerosene lamps in the 1860's and the multi-million dollar whale industry came to an end.
    Why is "oil whale" wrong?---(Because it should be "whale oil".--------------------------------------------------------------------
    6- When scientists discovered how soap works, it became possible to do synthetic detergents out of petroleum.
    Why is" to do" wrong?----(Because it isn't "to make".)--------------------------------------------------------------------
    7- Graphology, the science of handwriting analysis, has interested people as far back as the 2nd century.
    Why is "has interested" wrong?---(It isn't.)-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    Thank you for your reply and edit my errors, but I don't know why c in the first question is incorrect?
    - In 3, why "the fossils" is wrong?
    - In 6 and 7 questions respectively I haven't received a logical answer.

By the way, why did you delete my sayings in parentheses?!

Again thanks, leila

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Thank you for your reply and edit my errors, but I don't know why c in the first question is incorrect?
    I don't know why "c" in the first question is incorrect.
    Try a sentence using that.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

- In 3, why "the fossils" is wrong?
    Regarding question 3, why is "the fossils" wrong?
    I didn't say it was, did I?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

- In 6 and 7 questions respectively I haven't received a logical answer.
    I haven't received logical answers to questions 6 and 7.
    I guess that means my answers were illogical.

By the way, why did you delete my sayings in parentheses?!
    I didn't delete anything.