• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

Post Is christopher colums the real discoverer of the New World? I'm waiting your answer!

I'm looking for the real answer of this question. who are the real discoverer of the New World? which known U.S.A, I read some articles said that Muslims is the first people who discover the New World, but they Encountered a danger when they were in the sea, and thus they died, that's why the scholars of history think that christopher colums who were discovered America?. I want to sure of my information by asking you. So, If you have an idea about this topic, don't hesitate to answer me? bye
    Last edited by Karima-19; 04-Jan-2009 at 12:18.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Is christopher colums the real discoverer of the New World? I'm waiting your answ

In point of fact it is probable that the first people to 'discover' North America, apart of course from the N.A. Indians, were Vikings led by Eric the Red. It is quite possible that Muslim seamen could have landed there at some time, why not?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Is christopher colums the real discoverer of the New World? I'm waiting your answ

As you posted this in 'Ask a Teacher', I am correcting your writing.

I'm looking for the real answer to this question. who were the real discoverers of the New World which is known as the U.S.A? I read some articles which said that Muslims were the first people to discover the New World, but they encountered a danger when they were at sea, and thus they died. That's why the scholars of history think that Christopher Columbus discovered America. I want to sure of my information by asking you. So, If you have an idea about this topic, don't hesitate to answer me. bye