Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Rui Branco

Some verbs

I there,
    i'm having some problems with the verbs.
    This's my questions:

1 Portuguese is speaked in Brazil. (speak)
    2 Tea isn’t drinked with milk in most countries. (not / drink)
    3 Our tee-shirts are manufactured in Turkey. (Manufacture)
    4 More than ten million bottles of Chanel 5 perfume has been sold every year. (Sell)
    5 Ray Ban sunglasses are weared by a lot of famous actors and singers. (Wear)

It's to use the verbs that are in (), in the present simple passive.
    I'm not sure if it's correct.

Can you help me???

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Some verbs

Quote Originally Posted by Rui Branco View Post
    I there,
    I'm having some problems with verbs.
    These are my questions:

1 Portuguese is speaked in Brazil. (speak) use the past participle
    2 Tea isn’t drinked with milk in most countries. (not / drink) Past participle
    3 Our tee-shirts are manufactured in Turkey. (Manufacture)
    4 More than ten million bottles of Chanel 5 perfume has third person plural of 'to have' been sold every year. (Sell)(Not simple present)
    5 Ray Ban sunglasses are weared by a lot of famous actors and singers. (Wear) past participle

It's to use the verbs that are in (), in the present simple passive.

Can you help me???
    Dear Rui Branco:

There are sites that can help you with this. One is English Irregular Verbs - UsingEnglish.com.
    Another is: English Verbs: Online English Verb Conjugation Trainer - Practice English - learn English.
    Yet another is: ENGLISH PAGE - Verb Tense Tutorial

All best wishes,

Petra

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Quote Originally Posted by rui branco View Post
    i there,
    i'm having some problems with the verbs.
    This's my questions:

1 portuguese is spoken in brazil. (speak)
    2 tea isn’t drank with milk in most countries. (not / drink)
    3 our tee-shirts are manufactured in turkey. (manufacture)
    4 more than ten million bottles of chanel 5 perfume are sold every year. (sell)
    5 ray ban sunglasses are worn by a lot of famous actors and singers. (wear)

it's to use the verbs that are in (), in the present simple passive.

Can you help me???

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • England

Quote Originally Posted by 2006 View Post
    2 tea isn’t drunk with milk in most countries. (not / drink)

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your answers. I'm making a work from school.

But i have another question,
    Put the verb into a correct tense. You can use the present simple, will, going to or might. Sometimes there is more than one possibility.
    1 We will phone (phone) you as soon as we make (make) a decision.
    2 It is (be) better if we do not see (not see) each other for some time.
    3 What will you do (you / do) when you get older (be older)?
    4 If you goes (go) straight on you will come (come) to the station.
    5 If she doesn’t arrive (not / arrive) soon, I will go (go) home!
    Is these correct???

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • England

Smile Re: Some verbs

Quote Originally Posted by elribatejano View Post
    Hi there,

thanks a lot for your answers. I'm making a work from school.

But i have another question,
    Put the verb into a correct tense. You can use the present simple, will, going to or might. Sometimes there is more than one possibility.
    1 We will phone (phone) you as soon as we make (make) a decision.
    2 It will be (be) better if we do not see (not see) each other for some time.
    3 What are you going to do (you / do) when you get older (be older)?
    4 If you go (go) straight on you will come (come) to the station.
    5 If she doesn’t arrive (not / arrive) soon, I will go (go) home!
    Is these correct???

Thanks a lot.
    I don't want to abuse but can you help me to see if these two texts are correct:

3 - Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb. You can use the present simple, the present continuous, the past simple or the past continuous.

Last week Mr. Benton (1) had (have) a very bad backache, so he (2) has phoned (phone) the doctor to make an appointment. How (3) did it happened (it / happen)? Asked the doctor’s receptionist. ‘Well, I (4) was walking (walk) to work and I (5) fell over (fall over) and (6) I hurt (hurt) my back. ‘Okay, you can see the doctor on 5th July at ten o’clock.’ ‘But that’s three weeks! (7) said (say) Mr. Benton. ‘In three weeks’ time I might be dead!’ The receptionist (8) thought (think) for a moment. ‘Okay, if you (9) died (die), could you ask your wife if she can phone us and we will cancel the appointment.’

4 - Complete the gaps using the correct form of the verb in the past simple active or passive.

In 1957 the city of Sydney, Australia (1) asked (ask) architects if they could design an opera house in Sydney Harbour. Jorn Utzon, a Danish architect, (2) designed (design) a building that (3) looked (look) like the white sails* of a boat. His design (4) was chooses (choose) as the best by the judges. The Sydney Opera House (5) has began (begin) after more than sixteen years of planning. It (6) was finished (finish) fourteen years later. The building (7) is made (make) of ten white ‘sails.’ Each ‘sail’ (8) is covered (cover) with white tiles.** Eventually more than 1,056,000 Swedish tiles (9) was used (use). The building (10) was paid for (pay for) by a special Australian lottery and it (11) opened (open) in 1973 by Queen Elizabeth II. Last year more than one million people (12) has visited (visit) it.

Thanks for all thge help that you are given to me. Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • England

Thanks a lot.
    I don't want to abuse but can you help me to see if these two texts are correct:

3 - Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb. You can use the present simple, the present continuous, the past simple or the past continuous.

Last week Mr. Benton (1) had (have) a very bad backache, so he (2) phoned (phone) the doctor to make an appointment. How (3) did it happened (it / happen)? Asked the doctor’s receptionist. ‘Well, I (4) was walking (walk) to work and I (5) fell over (fall over) and (6) I hurt (hurt) my back. ‘Okay, you can see the doctor on 5th July at ten o’clock.’ ‘But that’s three weeks! (7) said (say) Mr. Benton. ‘In three weeks’ time I might be dead!’ The receptionist (8) thought (think) for a moment. ‘Okay, if you (9) were dying (die), could you ask your wife if she can phone us and we will cancel the appointment.’

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Thanks a lot.

Last week Mr. Benton (1) had (have) a very bad backache, so he (2) has phoned (phone) the doctor to make an appointment. How (3) did it happened (it / happen)? Asked the doctor’s receptionist. ‘Well, I (4) was walking (walk) to work and I (5) fell over (fall over) and (6) I hurt (hurt) my back. ‘Okay, you can see the doctor on 5th July at ten o’clock.’ ‘But that’s three weeks! (7) said (say) Mr. Benton. ‘In three weeks’ time I might be dead!’ The receptionist (8) thought (think) for a moment. ‘Okay, if you (9) died (die), could you ask your wife if she can phone us and we will cancel the appointment.’

4 - Complete the gaps using the correct form of the verb in the past simple active or passive.

In 1957 the city of Sydney, Australia (1) asked (ask) architects if they could design an opera house in Sydney Harbour. Jorn Utzon, a Danish architect, (2) designed (design) a building that (3) looked (look) like the white sails* of a boat. His design (4) was chooses use the past participle here (choose) as the best by the judges. The Sydney Opera House (5) has began use the passive form here: was + past participle(begin) after more than sixteen years of planning. It (6) was finished (finish) fourteen years later. The building (7) is made (make) of ten white ‘sails.’ Each ‘sail’ (8) is covered (cover) with white tiles.** Eventually more than 1,056,000 Swedish tiles (9) was 'tiles' is plural, so you can't use 'was' used (use). The building (10) was paid for (pay for) by a special Australian lottery and it (11) opened (open) in 1973 by Queen Elizabeth II. Last year more than one million people (12)has visited simple past(visit) it.

Nice job!

Best wishes,

Petra

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • England

In 1957 the city of Sydney, Australia (1) asked (ask) architects if they could design an opera house in Sydney Harbour. Jorn Utzon, a Danish architect, (2) designed (design) a building that (3) looked (look) like the white sails* of a boat. His design (4) was chosen (choose) as the best by the judges. The Sydney Opera House construction (5) was begun (begin) after more than sixteen years of planning. It (6) was finished (finish) fourteen years later. The building (7) was made (make) of ten white ‘sails.’ Each ‘sail’ (8) was covered (cover) with white tiles.** Eventually more than 1,056,000 Swedish tiles (9) were used (use). The building (10) was paid for (pay for) by a special Australian lottery and it (11) was opened (open) in 1973 by Queen Elizabeth II. Last year more than one million people (12) visited (visit) it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast