Proofreading of a short paragraph!

Thank you in advance my friends!

Despite the fact they share many common traits, Japanese-Peruvians do not constitute a homogeneous audience or media consumers, in general. In fact, a wide range of factors that run across diverse modalities of gender, generations and education emphasize their experience as consumers of media. The data generated by the informants’ testimonies showed that there is a wide spectrum of diversity at the level of media choices and consumption habits. More importantly, is that mass media information do not function in isolation. Most Peruvians often contrast and verify impact news from the ethnic mass media with the information provided by their networks (family and friends in the homeland). So, it could be said that the use of ethnic media is complemented with other forms of communication such as, via the telephone or emails.

Thumbs up Re: Proofreading of a short paragraph!

Quote Originally Posted by yrmacita View Post
    Thank you in advance my friends!

Despite the fact they share many common traits, Japanese-Peruvians do not constitute a homogeneous audience or group of (it's optional what I added, but you cannot use the article 'a' with a plural noun) media consumers, in general. In fact, a wide range of factors that run across???*1 diverse modalities of gender, generations and education emphasize their experience as consumers of media. The data generated by the informants’ testimonies showed that there is a wide spectrum of diversity at the level of media choices and consumption habits. More importantly, (is) that mass media information does not function in isolation. Most Peruvians often contrast and verify impact news from the ethnic mass media with the information provided by their networks (family and friends in the homeland). So, it could be said that the use of ethnic media is complemented with other forms of communication, such as via the telephone or emails.

(is) should be left out
    *1 check the meaning of the phrasal verb.