• Post Thanks / Like

Please wordsmith these two sentences:

I am in the process of rewriting a fax coversheet to go out to medical offices. I would like this to be grammatically correct. Thank youl

Please note that the information provided above is not a guarantee of benefits, coverage or costs. this is an estimate based upon information provided to date by the payer.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please wordsmith these two sentences:

Off topic and no offense.

Is "wordsmith" a verb?

I ask it just out of curiosity, and I also looked it up into many dictionaries.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evadistruxshun View Post
    I am in the process of rewriting a fax coversheet to go out to medical offices. I would like this to be grammatically correct. Thank youl

Please note that the information provided above is not a guarantee of benefits, coverage or costs. It is a statement based upon information provided to date by the payer.
    Is the "payer" an insurance company? If so, then say so or give its name.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Yes, the payer is an insurance carrier. On the fax cover sheet we have an area to fill in the payer and their fax and phone numbers. You have been very helpful.

Evadistruxshun

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evadistruxshun View Post

Please note that the information provided above is not a guarantee of benefits, coverage or costs. this is an estimate based upon information provided to date by the payer.
    I am not a teacher.

If this is a gereral cover sheet to be used for many possible cases, the name of the insurance company does not need to be in the paragraph, because it will be in the body of the letter. However, it should be an ESTIMATE not a statement. The paragraph as written clearly states that it is not a guarantee of costs, in other words, an estimate.

The other sentence that I have seen on legal/financial fax sheets is something to the effect that if the fax is received by someone other than the intended recipient, they are reminded all information is private, and must not be discussed, divulged, or used by anyone.

P.S. on edit. I just re-read the original paragraph, and the last word should be "insured" the payer is the insurance company. The information, to date, has been given by the insured, to the company upon which they base their estimate of benefits.
    Last edited by Searching for language; 12-Jan-2009 at 17:22. Reason: Additional information and spelling