• Post Thanks / Like

i need some help

Would you mind to go over and iron out my grammar. pls..... tnx!

Since high school, I have had this interest to study the human anatomy and physiology.
    My biology teacher taught us a lot of technical terms in which we had to memorize and analyze
    them. At first, I found it a little difficult and tedious. However, eventually overtime, I began
    loving it especially the respiratory and circulatory systems.
    Nowadays, there are several cardiopulmonary-related diseases acquired by the different
    people, and so I would want to study the different techniques for diagnosis and treatment of
    patients. I came to realize that respiratory therapy covers this kind of field of my interest. That is
    why I seek admission to this program.

1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: i need some help

I'm not a teacher. I am a copy writer and grammar expert.

Since high school, I have been interested in studying human anatomy and physiology. My biology teacher taught us many technical terms that we had to memorize and analyze. At first, I found it a little difficult and tedious. However, overtime, I began loving it, especially the respiratory and circulatory systems. Nowadays, there are several cardiopulmonary-related diseases acquired by people, and so I want to study the different techniques for diagnosis and treatment of patients. I've come to realize that respiratory therapy covers my interest in this field. This is
    why I am seeking admission to this program.

• Post Thanks / Like

Would there be any difference if i write i would want instead of i want?

• Post Thanks / Like

By the way, thanks! I appreciate it.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooremx View Post

Since high school, I have been interested in studying human anatomy and physiology. My biology teacher taught us many technical terms that we had to memorize and analyze. At first, I found it a little difficult and tedious. However, overtime, I began loving it, especially the respiratory and circulatory systems. Nowadays, there are several cardiopulmonary-related diseases acquired by people, and so I want to study the different techniques for diagnosis and treatment of patients. I've come to realize that respiratory therapy covers my interest in this field. This is
    The text flows so smoothly that I wish it were longer.
    (O)vertime is over time. I am sure it is just a typographical error.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooremx View Post

I am not a teacher.

overtime should be over time.
    Overtime indicates hours of work performed at more than the usual number.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    Would there be any difference if i write i would want instead of i want?
    With 'would', there is a conditional flavor to 'I would want', which makes the speaker sound more tentative and polite.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svartnik View Post
    With 'would', there is a conditional flavor to 'I would want', which makes the speaker sound more tentative and polite.
    Oh i see... what about i want? What does it indicate?