I need your help for scoring some collocation items.
Students were asked to fill each with a one-word verb in each item.
But they gave some verbs that i've not expected. Could you please see them and tell me which are possible or not?
1. I visited professor kimís office to ask him some questions.
students' answers: ask, inquire, raise
2. Itís too chilly today. Be careful not to catch a cold.
catch, get, have
3. Jane did not like the book, so she went back to the bookstore to request a
refund. claim could also work.
get, claim, receive, request, make, have
4. since i got a new checking account, the bank advised me to close my old account.
close, cancel, remove, eliminate, delete, discard, abolish, withdraw, efface
5. Everyone ought to cast a vote in the coming election to ensure that a democratic system operates properly and fairly.
cast, have, get, exercise, make, take
i really appreciate your help. I need your native intuition. :-d