Need help with my paper

Hello friends,

I am 37 years old and have been out of school since my sophomore year of high school. I am recently enrolled in College to get my degree. This is my first class and i need help in looking over my summary about a journal for Psychology. Any help would be appreciated. Here it goes.

Affiliation motivation is when an individual seeks to have a relationship with other people on a social level. This particular study goes into depth about how gender plays a role into affiliation motivation. There are four parts of this characteristic: social comparison, emotional support, positive stimulation and attention. There has been different type of measurements used on this case study some of which include the Personnel Research Form (PRF), the Edwards Personal Preference Schedule (EPPS) and the Thematic Apperception Test (TAT). All of these measurements showed that highly affiliated people made more efforts to join groups, visited friends and where involved more socially. Most of these type of people liked working with peers that thought highly of them and where also classified in this group.

This study seems to lean more that women have a higher sense of being more affiliated motivated. Some of the qualities that women shared was a need to find emotional comfort whereas men where looking for commonalities amongst friends. This article had High school students that where studied over a 4 year period. These students carried an electronic pager in which at any given time they had to write down their experience in their environment. This studied concluded that women where more likely to be with their peers than men. This study also showed that highly affiliated boys where having the same experience as less affiliated boys when alone. Their environment also placed a role in which their needs played out. Affiliated Boys showed a fear of being rejected whereas affiliated girls had more positive experiences. Gender does play a role in affiliated motivation.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Need help with my paper

Quote Originally Posted by back2school View Post
    Hello friends,

I am 37 years old and have been out of school since my sophomore year of high school. I have recently enrolled in College to get my degree. This is my first class and I need help in looking over my summary about a journal for Psychology. Any help would be appreciated. Here it is.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by back2school View Post
    Affiliation motivation is when an individual seeks to have a relationship with other people on a social level.
    Unlearn the "is when" method of defining terms. Instead, say:
    Affiliation Motivation is a drive to relate to people on a social basis.
    TYPES OF MOTIVATION

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Gender plays a role in (not into) affiliation motivation.