• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

argumentative

1. In the argumentative essay, in each body paragraph I write both of the opinions (The one who is against then the one who is for, and between the two I put the word "However"), is it right ? ( i mean this style).

2. My opinion always comes after the word "However", is it right?

3. I want to know the best way of writing an argumentative essay.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: argumentative

Quote Originally Posted by sash2008 View Post
    1. In the argumentative essay, in each body paragraph I write both of the opinions (The one who is against then the one who is for, and between the two I put the word "However"), is it right ? ( i mean this style).

2. My opinion always comes after the word "However", is it right?

3. I want to know the best way of writing an argumentative essay.
    'However' is fine, but would it not be better to have the argument for, followed by the argument against, followed by your opinion?

3. Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    'However' is fine, but would it not be better to have the argument for, followed by the argument against, followed by your opinion?
    The following example illusterates what i say
    I follow this style in my body paragraph in the essay

"It has been argued that dolphin parks provide the only opportunity for much of the public to see marine mammals . Most Australians, so this argument goes, live in cities and never get to see these animals. It is claimed that marine parks allow the average Australian to appreciate our marine wildlife. However,dolphins, whales and seals can be viewed in the wild at a number of places on the Australian coast. In fact, there are more places where they can be seen in the wild than places where they can be seen in captivity. Moreover, most Australians would have to travel less to get to these locations than they would to get to the marine parks on the Gold Coast. In addition, places where there are wild marine mammals do not charge an exorbitant entry fee - they are free."

after the word "However" comes the opinion of the other side and this opinion also is the opinion of the writer of this essay

I write my opinion after the word 'However' and this opinon also is one of the two opposing opinions of people

In any argumentative essay,there are two opinons of people, and my opinion of course is one of them
    Team A's opinion Team B's opinion
    and i choose one of them and this will be my opinion

Mr bhaisahab,

Do you understand me?
    Am I right?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

When you state your opinion, I would suggest you say "Therefore, the best course of action is..." or "Therefore, it's preferable to..."

Write something that makes it clear that it's the point YOU are arguing. I would also agree that you put your opinion last, not in-between, if you're going to present both sides first..

However, when I've written those types of esssays, I've started out with my opinion. Dolphins are best viewed in the wild, not in theme parks. There are a number of reasons to support this view. First, blah blah blah. Second, blah, blah, blah. While some may argue X, the opposites is also true: Blah blah. Therefore, in balance, it's clear that...

If your teacher has told you to present both sides and then your opnion, listen to your teacher and not me.