Exclamation I don't understand this

I just don't understand the "how does she parallels" bit. The subject is about a person's whoes hobby is pistol shooting, and it is written from the "she" point of view.
    How does she see parallels between how he talks and relates to her and how he operates when shooting?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: I don't understand this

Could you give a bit more of the original context please? It could mean finding similarities between things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Could you give a bit more of the original context please? It could mean finding similarities between things.
    It's about her family member who had grown up with the hobby of pistol shooting. She wrote an essay about it, and we're supposed to point out what she is lacking. Our teacher guilded us and asked us:
    a) how does she believe that his [the shooter] relationship with her has been formed by his experiences as a pistol shooter
    b) how does she see parallels between how he talks and relate to you and how he operates when shooting?

I just can't understand what is my teacher saying.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

FenderStrat, to "see parallels" between two things means that you compare them in your mind and say to yourself, "these things are alike because...". You might also see the phrase as "to draw parallels between" things.

I might "draw parallels" between a person's childhood love of taking things apart to "fix" them and their adult profession of being an engineer. The parallel thing would be that both the child and the adult show that they like to play with how things are put together, learn what makes the things work, and make them work better.