Student or Learner
Detroit's Big Three cheered the action and vowed to rebuild their once-mighty industry, though they acknowledged the road would be anything but smooth as they fight their way back from the brink of bunkruptcy.
1. In this sentence, does once-mighty mean strong?
2. Does acknowledged mean admitted, in this case?
3. What does fight their way back mean?
3. What does 'they acknowledged the road would be anything but smooth as they fight their way back from the brink of bunkruptcy' mean?
4. What does road mean in this sentence?
1. Powerful or strong earlier, not any longer.
2. Admitted the truth.
3. To regain their once-lost position.
4. They admitted to themselves that it won't be easy to get back up on their feet, as they were on the verge of bankrupcy back earlier, and that's where they are starting from now.
5. A way leading to their goals.