Please check my mistakes-correction exercise

Please check if I've done the following exercise correctly. My correction for each error is in red in bracket next to the error.

Underline any incorrect words or phrases and correct them in the following passage:

Most people agreed (agree) that pop music started in the U.S. in the 1950s and that it developed from black American music. When it started, it was especially to (for) young people. In many countries they liked listening to it and dancing to it because it was exciting and it was the (a) way of rebelling against their parents’ generation. Many of (of) parents strongly disapproved of it. They disliked the way many pop stars looked like and act (acted). They thought the music was rubbish and the groups couldn’t sing or play their instruments neither (either). They said that pop music wouldn’t last for long time (a long time). Today, attitudes are different. Many of today’s parents are people who loved pop music when they were young, and still love. As the (a) result of this, pop music is no longer only to (for) the young. In addition, some of the stars whose careers began a long time later (ago) and who are now middle-aged are just as popular today as they were then. Their original fans still like them, perhaps because they remind them of when they were young. At the same time, new generations of young people buy their records and go to the (their) concerts. So that pop music was not just a brief fashion. All these years later, it is more popular than ever.
    Last edited by linhtho0211; 11-Feb-2009 at 16:26.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: Please check my mistakes-correction exercise

Quote Originally Posted by linhtho0211 View Post
    Please check if I've done the following exercise correctly. My correction for each error is in red in bracket next to the error.

Underline any incorrect words or phrases and correct them in the following passage:

Most people agreed (agree) that pop music started in the U.S. in the 1950s and that it developed from black American music. When it started, it was especially to (for) young people. In many countries they liked listening to it and dancing to it because it was exciting and it was the (a) way of rebelling against their parents’ generation. Many of (of) parents strongly disapproved of it. They disliked the way many pop stars looked like and act (acted). They thought the music was rubbish and the groups couldn’t sing or play their instruments neither (either). They said that pop music wouldn’t last for long time (a long time). Today, attitudes are different. Many of today’s parents are people who loved pop music when they were young, and still loveit. As the result of this, pop music is no longer only to (for) the young. In addition, some of the stars whose careers began a long time later (ago) and who are now middle-aged are just as popular today as they were then. Their original fans still like them, perhaps because they remind them of when they were young. At the same time, new generations of young people buy their records and go to the (their) concerts. This shows that pop music was not just a brief fashion. All these years later, it is more popular than ever.
    My corrections are in green.

I am not a teacher.

Re: Please check my mistakes-correction exercise

Oops, I missed your post. I've added one more correction in my first post. It is: "As the (a) result of this". What do you think about this? Is it correct?