Results 1 to 2 of 2

    • Join Date: Jan 2009
    • Posts: 2

    About certificates(?) for good grades

    Good evening!

    I hope I am expressing myself as clearly as possible.

    How do you English people name those documents (or some kind of a diploma) that are given for excellent (or just good) marks (grades)? (I am not really sure you have such stuff. Well, obviously you do.)

    In Latvia, we have those papers at the end of a term or a year and on the paper is written something like this: "Gratitude for good and excellent marks".

    And one more thing: I did a research work about the American counter-culture and a jury gave me a document with the words "Appreciation (or acknowledgement) of creative approach in working out the scholars’ research".
    What could it be in English? :)
    Last edited by Blueish; 11-Feb-2009 at 19:25. Reason: small letters

  1. Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jan 2008
    • Posts: 2,944

    Re: About certificates(?) for good grades

    Certificate of Achievement


    (Specific name ) i.e. All-A Honor Roll Certificate

Similar Threads

  1. Letter Grades.
    By blue_jay975 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-Jul-2008, 12:26
  2. formal request letter for reback my certificates
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-Oct-2007, 12:53
  3. grades?
    By bosun in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Sep-2006, 15:45
  4. Help inquired for understanding the grades of the civil service
    By reklov in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-Jan-2006, 05:05


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts