Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. mamen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Dec 2008
    • Posts: 312
    #1

    Post please answer!!!

    Please use 'debt of gratitude' in a sentence.


    • Join Date: Feb 2009
    • Posts: 364
    #2

    Re: please answer!!!

    Do I have to answer your question? Why should I spend my time helping you? You owe me a debt of gratitude.


    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 5,409
    #3

    Re: please answer!!!

    "When I was two, my parents were killed in a car accident. An aunt and uncle adopted me...and, well, my real parents couldn't have been more loving and kind. I might have ended up in an orphanage but for them. I owe them a great debt of gratitude."

  2. mamen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Dec 2008
    • Posts: 312
    #4

    Re: please answer!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post
    "When I was two, my parents were killed in a car accident. An aunt and uncle adopted me...and, well, my real parents couldn't have been more loving and kind. I might have ended up in an orphanage but for them. I owe them a great debt of gratitude."
    how will I say this in a normal way " I don't want to have a debt of gratitude from you".

  3. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,629
    #5

    Re: please answer!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mamen View Post
    how will I say this in a normal way " I don't want to have a debt of gratitude from you".
    'I don't want you to feel that you owe me anything.'

  4. mamen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Dec 2008
    • Posts: 312
    #6

    Re: please answer!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    'I don't want you to feel that you owe me anything.'
    So is it correct to say "I don't want you to feel that I owe you anything.'


    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 5,409
    #7

    Re: please answer!!!

    "I don't want to be/feel indebted to you."

  5. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,629
    #8

    Re: please answer!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mamen View Post
    So is it correct to say "I don't want you to feel that I owe you anything.'
    No, in that sense;
    'I don't want to feel in debt to you/in your debt.'

Similar Threads

  1. negate the answer?
    By ohmyrichard in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19-Oct-2008, 17:32
  2. The question difficult to answer
    By joham in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-Dec-2007, 15:22
  3. Confused between Don't and doesn't
    By MariaElena Shetler in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2007, 23:36
  4. Kindly answer the questions.
    By asad hussain in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 29-Jan-2007, 00:49
  5. Question about answer, reply,take care ...
    By JJD in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-Aug-2006, 03:24

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •