Please check my gap filling exercise

Please check if I have filled all the gaps with a proper word.

BALANCING THE RISKS

What are the chances of slipping on a banana skin, being hit by lightning or being struck by a meteorite? (1) ___These___ are not the sort of unlucky events that most people (2) ___spend___ their time thinking about, (3) ___unless___ perhaps one has already happened to them.
    However, (4) ___a___ surprising number of people have, (5) ___at___ some time in their lives, imagined aliens kidnapping them. Some even (6) ___have___ recurring nightmares about it, whereas relatively (7) ___few___ are afraid of dying from flu, even (8) ___though___ it is far more common experience. No doubt many people (9) ___who___ go rock climbing or bungee jumping will be among the same people drinking bottled water on the grounds that it is safer (10) ___than___ water from the tap.
    Amazingly, our fear of flying outweighs our fear of driving, (11) ___although___ the statistics show that going by plane is much safer. The best explanation is that people dread far (12) ___more___ the possibility of dropping (13) ___out___ of the air to being involved in a car crash.
    (14) ___In___ an attempt to educate us all in the real and imagined risks of life, the Department of Trade and Industry had asked scientists to construct a scale of risk that the public can use to compare any new and unfamiliar risks, (15) ___such___ as those involved in taking new medicines, in terms of real event.

Re: Please check my gap filling exercise

Well done.