What does this mean?

Can someone please explain to me what does this mean? I didn't really get the language:
    How -much do we tolerate before we become sick and tired of
    being sick and tired? When will we stand up and declare our right to trust?
    When do we stop accepting that the real truth is in the fine print? Whose
    lips do we read this year when we vote for president? When will we stop
    being so reticent about making judgments? When do we stop turning over
    our personal power and responsibility to liars?
    Maybe if I don't tell the bank the check's in the mail I'll be less
    tolerant of the lies told me every day. A country song I once heard said it
    all for me: "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

Re: What does this mean?

[quote=FenderStrat;441330]Can someone please explain to me what does this mean? I didn't really get the language:

How -much do we tolerate before we become sick and tired of being sick and tired? How much will we put up with before we decide that we no longer want to feel sick and tired?

When will we stand up and declare our right to trust? We no longer trust our leaders. At what point do we start to say that we want to trust them?

When do we stop accepting that the real truth is in the fine print? The fine print in a contract is what governs the implementation of the terms in the contract. That is why it is so important to read the fine print.

Whose lips do we read this year when we vote for president? Reference to a certain President who, in his inaugural speech, said "Read my lips" and then did not carry out his promise.

When will we stop being so reticent about making judgments?

When do we stop turning over our personal power and responsibility to liars?

Maybe if I don't tell the bank the check's in the mail I'll be less tolerant of the lies told me every day. If I tell lies, why am I so surprised that others also tell lies.

A country song I once heard said it all for me: "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Without trust or faith in something, you lack the judgement to recognise lies. [quote/]

Seems like someone is very doubtful about politicians and those in power.