Smile why would I bother pretending not to know?

Hello~ Can you help me say this naturally please?
    If my sentences are not natural, you can simply ignore them and give me your own sentence please~ (it would be more helpful to me)

A: Excuse me, can you give your desk back to me? I heard that this desk used to belonging to my room not your room.

B: Yes, but the landlord agreed with using this, thatís why I move in my room.

A: How can you do that? Since you know I will move in in 2 weeks, you are not supposed to touch things in my room.

B: Excuse me, I didnít sneakily brough it in here, I did it under the landlord acceptance. And how do I know if you will move in or not.
    A: ⓐDonít act innocent.
    ⓑDonít pretend not to know.
    I know the girl next room has already told you.

B: ⓐHuh, why would I bother acting innocent?
    ⓑHuh, why would I bother pretending not to know?
    Excuse me, don't spoil my mood please go and ask our landlord.
    There is nothing I can do about it.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: why would I bother pretending not to know?

[quote=flytothesky;441454]Hello~ Can you help me say this naturally please?
    If my sentences are not natural, you can simply ignore them and give me your own sentence please~ (it would be more helpful to me)

A: Excuse me, can you give your desk back to me? I heard that this desk used to belonging to my room not your room. Excuse me, will you give that desk back to me, please? I heard that it used to belong to my room, not to yours.

B: Yes, but the landlord agreed with using this, thatís why I move in my room. Yes, but the landlord agreed that I could use it, that's why I moved it into my room.

A: How can you do that? Since you know I will move in in 2 weeks, you are not supposed to touch things in my room. How could you do that? You knew that I would move into it in 2 weeks. You are not supposed to touch things in my room. (Or, you have no right to touch things in my room.)

B: Excuse me, I didnít sneakily brough it in here, I did it under the landlord acceptance. And how do I know if you will move in or not. Excuse me, I didn't sneak it in here, I did it with the landlord's permission. How would I know if you will really move in or not?

A: ⓐDonít act innocent. Don't act so innocent./Don't act the innocent.
    ⓑDonít pretend not to know.
    I know the girl in the next room has already told you.

B: ⓐHuh, why would I bother acting innocent?
    ⓑHuh, why would I bother pretending not to know?
    Excuse me, don't spoil my mood please go and ask our landlord.
    There is nothing I can do about it. (or you could say, "don't get me angry/mad/) [/quote]

I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: why would I bother pretending not to know?

Quote Originally Posted by flytothesky View Post
    Hello~ Can you help me say this naturally, please?
    If my sentences are not natural, you can simply ignore them and give me your own sentence. (It would be more helpful to me.)

A: Excuse me. Would you give my (or that) desk back to me? I heard that this desk belongs in my room, not your room.

B: Yes, but the landlord agreed to let me use it. Thatís why I moved it into my room.

A: Why did you do that? Since you know I'm not moving for another two weeks, you shouldn't touch things in my room.

B: xxx I didnít sneak it in here. I did it with the landlord's approval. And how should I know whether you're moving?
    A: xxx
    ⓑDonít pretend you didn't know.
    The girl next door told you.

B: xxx
    ⓑHuh? Why would I bother pretending not to know? Go ask the landlord. There's nothing I can do about it.
    Or something like that.

[I edit copy and have tutored college writing.]