Question Still using the verb 'consolidate'... request for a quick check, please!

With a consolidated experience in IT management I am able to head up large IT departments, to delivery IT solutions and platforms within deadlines and budgets ensuring quality and high standards,....

What do you reckon?

Maybe better without the article 'a'...

With consolidated experience in IT management I am able to head up large IT departments, to delivery IT solutions and platforms within deadlines and budgets ensuring quality and high standards,....
    Last edited by SunMoon; 19-Feb-2009 at 13:29. Reason: Typo in the title

Re: Still using the verb 'consolidate'... request for a quick check, please!

I dont like the use of consolidated anyhow. I dont know what you are trying to say.

If a general thinks his troops are becoming too spread out, and this opens him to counter attack, he would consolidate his position. ie he would order them to stop and dig in.

With extensive experience in IT management, I am ...

Question Re: Still using the verb 'consolidate'... request for a quick check, please!

Thank you, it is clear that the meaning of 'consolidate' changes from my Italian language and it is not really appropriate to use in this context in English.

In my own language it is used the verb 'consolidate' to say something about professional experience. For example we say:

He has over 10 years' experience in people management having worked for this and that company.

He has consolidated his experience by managing over 5000 individuals for Tesco where he was the HR Manager.

It should mean he has broad experience and it is already used it somewhere efficiently and successfully.

Perhaps I have to use the verb 'demonstrate', have I?

He has demonstrated to have strong experience by managing over 5000 individuals for Tesco as HR Manager.

What do you reckon?