Smile some phrases

some phrases are new to me. could you pls make explainations and some examples?
    even so- the differnce with while,is it suitable for using in oral or written?
    by the same token, is it a popular saying ?or in written english?

Re: some phrases

Even so is more common in spoken English; while is used in both written and spoken English.
    I know he is a child ,but even so he should have been more careful. (While cannot be used here)
    In the US cars are a part of life, while in China bicycles are indispensable. (Even so cannot be used here)
    By the same token is usually used in more formal styles.

thanks a lot. 'by the same token' is a little difficult for me to work on it orally. Does it mean of 'at the same time' or Similarly?

I'm pleased to communicate with you more. In the US cars are a part........ . The content is not actural presently. I tell you my experience. In last Spring, i would like to take a bicycle to work, breathing the fresh air. To my surprised, there is less bicycle rider on road! Those years i did not recognized that. So times are changing! Thank you very much for your reply.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by janezhao View Post
    Thanks a lot. 'By the same token' is a little difficult for me to work on xxx orally. Does it mean of 'at the same time' or 'similarly'?

Similarly. It shows a parallel.

I'm pleased to communicate with you more. In the U.S., cars are a part (...of what?). The content is not actually presentxx. I'll tell you my experience. Last spring, I wanted to take a bicycle to workx and breath the fresh air. To my surprised, there were fewer bicycle riders on road! Those years, I did not recognized that. So times are changing! Thank you very much for your reply.
    [I edit copy and have tutored college writing.]

Smile Re: some phrases

Thank you so much.

Another question to consult you. 'Describe the difference between the traditional dancing and modern dancing in China.'

I think modern dancing prefers to perfermance for the teenagers, youths most because the music speed is very fast,strong and dressed sensually in order to attract spectors' eyeballs for making much profits. But(another linking word ?) the traditional dancing is more graceful not only for the youth, but also considerable for the elderly.

Thanks again for your correcting to my last message.