Student or Learner
Can you give me some tips when to use FOOD without s and when to use FOODS?
Kindly check if these sentences are correct:
1. She wants to eat some foods.
2.She wants to eat some food.
3. What are the foods that you eat?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite foods?
6. What are you favorite foods?
So, your first sentence could work if you meant, 'She wants to try some different foods from around the world.'
1. Joan let us know that she cannot eat the following foods: seafood, white flour, and anything with strawberries in it.
2. What kind of food shall we try tonight for dinner?
3. What kinds of foods (or 'food') did you like best on your trip to India?
4. He's writing a cookbook called, 'Foods of the Middle East'.
5. I can't eat this food; it tastes awful!
In general, you will find 'food' more commonly used than 'foods'.
I hope this is helpful,