1. His appearance at the reception with the late Mayor’s widow caused something of a ________
A. Confusion; B.rumor; C.wonder; D.stir
My teacher chose B while I chose D I AGREE WITH YOU.
2. “But son,” I told him, “you’re my own _____”
A.heart to heart; B.body and soul; C.flesh and blood; D.skin and bone
My teacher chose C while I chose B ONE FOR THE TEACHER
3. The mother separated the quarrelling children and gave each of them a sharp _____.
A.Punch; Bslap; C.poke; D.pinch
My teacher chose D while I chose B I AGREE WITH YOU.
4. He wrapped all his possessions up in a sheet and carried the _____ on his back.
A.Case; B.rucksack; C.bag; D.bundle
My teacher chose D while I chose B ANOTHER TO THE TEACHER
5. Given the present economic situation, it ______ be best to wait before making further wage demands.
A.Seemed; B.should; C.might; D.ought
My teacher chose B while I chose C I AGREE WITH YOU.
Student or Learner