Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 92
    #1

    What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Hello!

    What does this sentence mean exactly?

    It has always been you.

    In which context can I use it?

    Thank you very much...

  1. Monticello's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2009
    • Posts: 455
    #2

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_K View Post
    Hello!

    What does this sentence mean exactly?

    It has always been you.

    In which context can I use it?

    Thank you very much...
    Hi Nicky_K,

    Taken just as you've written it here, this sentence expresses endearment for someone. It's another way of saying
    "You're the one for me."
    "You're the one I love."

  2. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #3

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?


  3. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 54,816
    #4

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    RonBee, the best pickup line I ever heard was said by my mother many years ago: "Amigo, you better pickup all of the junk in your room or I'm going to tell your dad when he gets home tonight!"

    Cheers,
    Amigo

  4. SUDHKAMP's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 21,191
    #5

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Can you please elaborate what is a "Pickup line"?

  5. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 54,816
    #6

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by SUDHKAMP View Post
    Can you please elaborate what is a "Pickup line"?
    SUDH, obviously you do not hang out in pubs and taverns! A 'pickup line' is what a guy would say to a girl when he is trying to make a connection with her. Most pickup lines are pretty corny but occassionaly you will come across a good line or two: "If I told you that you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?"

  6. SUDHKAMP's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 21,191
    #7

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by amigos4 View Post
    SUDH, obviously you do not hang out in pubs and taverns! A 'pickup line' is what a guy would say to a girl when he is trying to make a connection with her. Most pickup lines are pretty corny but occassionaly you will come across a good line or two: "If I told you that you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?"
    Amigos, in India, we do not have a pub culture. Drunkards are usually found around government's licensed wine shops. And women rarely go into that locality, forget about entering the wine-shop. And I also avoid such localities while commuting. Though the State governments earn more than 60% of their revenue by levying Excise duty on wine.


    • Join Date: Feb 2009
    • Posts: 69
    #8

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Best pick-up line :-

    " Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past again ?."

  7. Amigos4's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 54,816
    #9

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by SUDHKAMP View Post
    Amigos, in India, we do not have a pub culture. Drunkards are usually found around government's licensed wine shops. And women rarely go into that locality, forget about entering the wine-shop. And I also avoid such localities while commuting. Though the State governments earn more than 60% of their revenue by levying Excise duty on wine.
    SUDH, one does not need to partake of spirits to advance a classy pickup line! I can envision you sitting next to a gorgeous gal in the library or at a church social:
    SUDH turns to the girl sitting next to him and says... "I'm not really this tall....I'm sitting on my wallet." Or: "You know what? Your eyes are the same color as my Porsche."

    If those pickup lines don't work, you could always say: "Hi, my name is Nain! I'm a legend in my own mind!"

    Cheers,
    Amigo

  8. SUDHKAMP's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 21,191
    #10

    Re: What does this sentence mean exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by amigos4 View Post
    SUDH, one does not need to partake of spirits to advance a classy pickup line! I can envision you sitting next to a gorgeous gal in the library or at a church social:
    SUDH turns to the girl sitting next to him and says... "I'm not really this tall....I'm sitting on my wallet." Or: "You know what? Your eyes are the same color as my Porsche."

    If those pickup lines don't work, you could always say: "Hi, my name is Nain! I'm a legend in my own mind!"

    Cheers,
    Amigo
    May I use this line,
    "I'm amigos, are you doing fine"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A question about using "that" in a sentence
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2009, 13:05
  2. the whole sentence used as a noun
    By hamoodee in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-Oct-2006, 16:55
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-Sep-2006, 14:07
  4. Attributive Clause - China Needs Your Help
    By ChinaDavid in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2005, 16:56
  5. grammar
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-Dec-2003, 20:02

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •