Your welcome!Please check my exercise below. I am very confused about these following:
2. He looks very aggressive and threatening, and so his soft, gentle voice is rather ________.
A.disembodied; B.disconcerting; C.dismissive; D.discordant
I'd choose D. D works, but B is better.
3. He lives _____ his office.
A.Far from B.apart from C.a long way from D.distant from
I'd choose A but my teacher chose C A and C are both right.
4. The air in the town centre was _______ with petrol fumes.
A.Thick B.strong C.full D.unpleasant
I'd choose A but my teacher chose D I'm with you on this one.
5. They offered her $50 a week and all ______ to work at the hotel.
A.Told B.agreed C.found D.in
I'd choose A but my teacher chose D This doesn't work as written. It could be:
...$50 a week all told to work...
...$50 a week in all to work...
6. Family relationship later _______ a much greater significance in his life.
A.Took on B.kept up C.build up D.took up
I'd choose C but my teacher chose A Your teacher wins this one.
Thank you very much in advance
Student or Learner