stimulation

Our city planners and architects have converted the organic pattern of the village into a geometrically perfect grid. Our natural habitat has been transformed into an expanse of hard straight surfaces, with stone and metal and concrete and glass. Of course, the city is still a wonderful place for stimulation, for opportunity, and for cultural interaction.

(Hi! What does "stimulation" mean in this context? I mean, why is the city a wonderful place for stimulation ? Thanks for your help. )

In fact, you could say the city is our most spectacular creation. And, believe it or not, it still has elements of the rural past.
    Last edited by IMPSX-UE; 24-Feb-2009 at 04:08. Reason: correct grammar mistake

Re: stimulation

Quote Originally Posted by IMPSX-UE View Post
    Our city planners and architects have converted the organic pattern of the village into a geometrically perfect grid. Our natural habitat has been transformed into an expanse of hard straight surfaces, with stone and metal and concrete and glass. Of course, the city is still a wonderful place for stimulation, for opportunity, and for cultural interaction.

(Hi! What does "stimulation" mean in this context? I mean, why is the city a wonderful place for stimulation ? Thanks for your help. )

In fact, you could say the city is our most spectacular creation. And, believe it or not, it still has elements of the rural past.
    It means the place elicits special thoughts in you. Venice is a wonderful place for stumulation because it provides a poet with ideas for his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by svartnik View Post
    It means the place elicits special thoughts in you. Venice is a wonderful place for stumulation because it provides a poet with ideas for his poem.
    Hi, svartnik,

Thank you very much for your reply, which is pretty clear to me! I get it!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Also:

Excitement.
    Engagement.
    Mental challenge.